General Manager, Tasting Rooms
Apply for Job
About the Bruery:
The Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange County. We specialize in Belgian-style, experimental, innovative beers, which we distribute in 29 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to customers through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies. The Bruery is one of three Famille Rue brands which include The Bruery, est. 2008; sour & wild Bruery Terreux, est. 2015; and hop-focused Offshoot Beer Co., est. 2017.
About the Bruery:
The General Manager will supervise the management, operation, customer experience, and culture of the two tasting room operations operations. This role will primarily lead, motivate, coach and strengthen the Managers of the two facilities as leaders in their operations. The General Manager will create initiatives to drive foot traffic and elevate the customer experience.
Essential Duties (include but are not limited to the following):
- Define and implement an intentional tasting room experience at each of the two facilities that provides the customer an experience that is richer than merely a transaction for a pint.
- Create and implement an events and promotion plan with a strong emphasis on customer engagement and education.
- Devise a schedule to ensure that a manager is present at each tasting room during usual operating hours.
- Recruit, train, and manage tasting room staff who provide superior customer experience and are passionate and knowledgeable about beer.
- Accomplish human resource objectives of training, scheduling, coaching, and counseling when necessary, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Manage P&L and make adjustments as necessary.
- Create revenue driving initiatives and ensure world-class execution.
- Control inventory by closely following movement reports, training staff in proper inventory tracking procedures, and conducting inventory counts on a monthly basis. Ensure that inventory and transfers of product are entered accurately and on a timely basis.
- Prepare and enforce policies in standard operating procedures, periodically reassessing these practices, and implementing necessary improvements. Create SOPs for significant recurring activities (e.g., inventory management, cash handling, service, cleaning and maintenance, opening and closing activities, etc).
- Create and implement a plan to meet financial targets. Tasting Rooms General Manager will consult with the senior leadership to set financial targets, and work with their Managers, the Retail Marketing Manager and other staff to implement specific plans & programs to meet or exceed said targets.
- Create and maintain procedures to ensure accurate accounting of all cash drawers and cash drops. Responsible for training employees in related procedures and developing a culture of accountability and accuracy.
- Create and enforce policies to ensure that discounts are maintained at an agreed-upon level.
- Maintain safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health, safety and legal regulations; and maintaining security systems.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner conducive to develop and sustain positive relationships with customers, co-workers, and management.
- Strong leadership skills and experience and a demonstrated desire to create positive tasting room experiences for our wide range of customers.
- 3+ years of retail experience managing 2 or more stores, departments, or units.
- Demonstrated responsibility and understanding of tasting room (or similar) operations, P&L, inventory, and customer service.
- Management experience leading team(s) (preferably at least 6-12 staff), including training and coaching.
- You must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time and lift 55+ pounds repeatedly.
- Candidates must be working weekends, nights and most holidays.
- Passion for and knowledge of craft beer, The Bruery & Bruery Terreux brands & beer-related information.
- Must be currently Cicerone Beer Server certified, or have completed program within 90 days of beginning the job.
- Must be currently ServSafe certified, or have completed program within 90 days
The Bruery Offers:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential based on pre-defined revenue goals
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, Vision & Life
- 401k with match
- LOTS OF FREE BEER!!
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. The selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check.