Apply for this Job
Reports to: Head Brewer
Who We Are and What We Do
Fullsteam’s mission: to craft distinctly Southern beer that celebrates the farm and food traditions of the American South. We express our love for community and the land through the Southern Beer Economy. Through the act of commerce -- including our commitment to a living wage for all employees –we foster community and agricultural pride, create wealth, and encourage entrepreneurship within the post-tobacco South.
And though our mission is lofty, we aim to keep it all fun. At the end of the day it's beer: the beverage of celebration, backyard gatherings, good food, and good people.
Fullsteam’s Core Values
- Think like an Optimist.
- Seek Truth and Beauty.
- Speak with Quiet Confidence.
- Listen with Empathy.
- Be Present, Productive, and Fun.
These values aren’t just talking points: they permeate and inform our culture, our hiring, and our decision-making.
Who We’re Looking to Hire
We’re looking for a highly energetic and creative Lead Brewerwith production facility experience to join our team of brewers. With a production of nearly 10,000 barrels a year on a 12 barrel brewhouse, and new beers released every week, our brewers must be flexible, communicate well, and be skillful problem solvers.
- Monitor grain, hop, adjunct, and water treatment inventory on a weekly basis and enter into Orchestrated Beer(OB) monthly. Notify head brewer of any shortages.
- Receive and put away any grain or equipment orders; enter into OB
- Aid with creation and processing of wort/beer in OB throughout the brewing and cellaring processes
- Oversee the timely preparation of brewing ingredients
- Run the majority of the brews, while embodying and imparting Fullsteam’s core values into all aspects of the brewing process
- Communicate with the head brewer and assistant brewer(s) to ensure as much consistency as possible in the brewing process
- Coordinate all Spent Grain disposal
- Brew special beers as needed for any unique events or festivals
- Supervise cleaning, dry hopping, transferring, filtering, carbonating, and kegging processes
- Assist in recipe formulation
- Aid in the installation and maintenance of equipment
- Advance brewing knowledge through reading, panels, and workshops when available
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Participate in all trainings, Back of House meetings, and All Hands meetings
- As needed, serve as public face for Fullsteam brewing operations, lend a hand for any special events, education sessions, or brewery tours
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Skills and Qualifications Needed to Do the Work
- 2 years experience in a production facility strongly preferred
- Night shift, early shift, and holiday availability
- At least 21 years old
- The ability to lift and move 55 lbs, and 165 lbs with assistance.