Tasting Room Manager
Sudwerk Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Craft lagers have been flowing at California’s premier artisan lager brewery since 1989. We are a tight-knit family of beer lovers. If you enjoy the craft and would love to work for a small company with strong growth potential, we are always on the lookout for candidates who can develop with us by demonstrating a high capacity to learn and take on new challenges. Candidates must also demonstrate examples of being a self-starter and have solid organizational skills. Find out more about us at www.sudwerkbrew.com
The tasting room manager is responsible for all operation activities related to the maintenance and growth of Sudwerk’s on-site tasting room – The Dock Store. We're looking for someone with exceptional experience in customer service and strong leadership and problem solving skills.
- Staffing & Scheduling
- Hiring and training new bar staff
- Managing personnel (bar staff) – coaching, communicating, scheduling
- LEAD certification, cicerone training etc., sexual harassment bystander training
- Staffing appropriately to needs based on level of sales
- Operational Scheduling Duties
- Band vetting and booking
- Manage food truck schedule and relationships to ensure a variety of interesting and quality food vendors on site
- Management of Membership Clubs through the Dock Store – Brewers Cut and Mug Club
- Point of Sale system management
- Budgeting & Compliance
- Keep the tasting room in compliance with City of Davis Entertainment Ordinance and ABC license
- Maintain accurate and clear records of applicable permits (including food truck permits)
- Communication of donation proceeds post fundraiser events
- Band and Event Budgeting – creating event budgets
- Responsible for cash tracking and variances
- Responsible for employee compliance & conduct within company policy framework
- Inventory and Cash Reporting
- Prepare inventory and cash reporting weekly
- Investigate and explain cash/inventory discrepancies as they arise
- Event Planning
- Organize community NPO fundraiser events - weekly
- Organize and execute internal events including beer releases, comedy shows, live music etc.
- Organize large community events such as music festivals, film festivals, etc.
- Building business relationships through the use of Sudwerk as a venue for fundraising and supporting the local community
- Facilitating and Growing Sales
- Advertising and social media management related to tasting room events
- Assisting in development of and following the Company's "Social Media Policies & Marketing Guidelines” – as it applies to the Dock Store
- Weekly digital newsletter sent to customers/fans
- Promotion of new beers and merchandise items
- Point of Sale system management
- Booking banquet room rentals & brewery tour scheduling
- 1-2 years retail management experience
- Exceptional level of beer knowledge – through cicerone certification, work experience, formal education
- Able to comfortably describe beers to customers & staff
- Able to identify potential issues with beers
- Event coordinating or promoting experience a plus.
- Clean and organized with an attention to detail – maintaining a clean and inviting retail space in conjunction with staff
- Draft system experience – line cleaning, general maintenance, and troubleshooting of draft issues is necessary on a weekly basis.
- Comfortable using Slack, Gmail, MailChimp
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs. on a regular basis
- Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, climbing ladders, ducking under and around equipment, etc.)
- Will work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment
- Ability to work in hot, cold and noisy environments with loud to moderate continuous noise in work area
- Work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-10 hours per day)
- Compensation based on industry standards and experience
- Non-tipped position per CA law
- Benefited Position