Brewery Cellar Associate
Isle Brewers Guild, LLC
Apply for this Job
Brewery Cellar Associate Isle Brewers Guild – Pawtucket, RI
Isle Brewers Guild is hiring a Cellar Associate, who is responsible for executing all production activity in the brewery cellar including yeast management, fermentation operations, chill proofing, dry hopping, clarification (via centrifuge), Work-in-process lab testing, CIP of all related equipment, cleaning and housekeeping of all areas of the facility, and GMP documentation of all procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform all operations to pitch yeast, monitor and control fermentation and aging operations, chillproof and clarify beer for timely release to packaging operations.
- Perform quality assurance testing, sensory testing and GMP documentation of all activities.
- Work with Cellar and Quality Supervisor to coordinate and prioritize all required production activities (including cleaning, yeast handling, cellar work, and occasionally assisting in other functional areas of the brewery).
- Successfully complete initial and ongoing training to ensure compliance with safety regulations and SOP’s.
- perform necessary maintenance on equipment as directed.
- Perform daily status checks and calibrations on all processing equipment to ensure that all equipment is functioning properly and fluid levels and process parameters are within optimal operating specifications.
- Attend a daily shift meeting and understand expectations, tasks, and discuss Key Performance Indicators to track performance in Safety, Quality, Cost, and On-time Delivery.
- Ensure that the brewery and cellar are clean and organized at all times.
- Perform Cycle Counts and track appropriate inventory levels of raw materials, chemicals, personal protective equipment and other production department consumables and equipment.
- Identify production questions and issues, and follow up as needed with management.
- Respond to accidents and safety concerns, respond appropriately to incidents and near misses and assist in required investigations, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and documentation.
- Be a positive, professional collaborator and first line of contact with Isle Brewers’ multiple brewing partners. (yes, a people person)
- 2+years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in a high volume brewery cellar environment (30bbl+).
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Proficient with Computer systems including MS software programs. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize automated brewery operation system.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, extensive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, and lifting (excess of 60lbs)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
Must be available to support 12-hour shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
To be considered for this position, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Isle Brewers Guild, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
Pre-employment background check required.