Homebrewing Retail Associate (Full-Time and Part-Time openings)
Apply for this Job
Northern Brewer is seeking talented and motivated individuals to join the team as Homebrewing Retail Associates in our Saint Paul, Saint Louis Park, and Minneapolis stores! Full-time (benefited) and Part-time openings available.
WORKING AT NORTHERN BREWER
Ask a Northern Brewer employee what they like most about working here and the answer will be “The people! And the beer!” Working at Northern Brewer, you will be a part of an energetic group of employees and surrounded by enthusiasm for beer, life, and a job well done. We support open and honest communication, continual learning, and employee driven initiatives. We are looking for confident, enthusiastic, and consummate individuals to join Northern Brewer.
RETAIL STORE ASSOCIATE
The Retail Store Associate will support all customers throughout their visit to the store. Assist with homebrew questions, troubleshoot issues, provide recommendations on product and materials. Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Give prompt attention to customers.
- Process and ring up customer purchases, returns, and exchanges.
- Respond to customer concerns and answer technical brewing questions via, phone, email, and in person.
- Provide support to other retail associates during peak periods or when scheduling conflicts arise, including at alternate store locations.
- Prepare items for stocking, receive inventory transfers, and maintain inventory counts.
- Be alert to potentially systematic problems that require immediate action and bring them to the attention of the Retail Manager.
- Assist with store marketing and promotional events.
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and safe work environment (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, keep isles clear, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
A high school diploma or GED certification is preferred. Associates/Bachelor’s degree, and BJCP or Cicerone certification strongly preferred.
Three to six months of related experience or training and experience brewing beer or making wine. Experience working with and knowledge of basic formulas and standard measurements. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
THE NORTHERN BREWER DIFFERENCE
Every job at Northern Brewer is essential and every team member has the chance to be MVP, every day. At Northern Brewer, we are not just a business. Our culture is designed to help our team members grow, evolve and thrive in and collaborative environment. That means we’re more concerned about solving problems than handing out a list of dos and don’ts. In addition to being an awesome community of employees and brewers, Northern Brewer also offers employees fantastic benefits, including (but not limited to): Competitive pay, annual bonuses, generous employee discount, brewing incentives program, paid time off and paid holidays, plush and affordable health insurance coverage, life and long term disability insurance, additional insurance, including dental, life, disability, etc., retirement savings plan, bicycle commuter benefit program, paid parental leave, employee assistance program, and wellness programs.
Live to brew? Follow your passion and come work at Northern Brewer!
Northern Brewer is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.