Canarchy Craft Brewery Collective
Apply for Job
This position manages the cellar team to effectively and efficiently execute the cold side brewery processes.
• Exhibit awareness and proper management of the following hazards: trip, slip, fall, cut, crush, strain, pressure, electrical, explosion, heat, confined space, chemical and material.
• Manage equipment maintenance and brewery mechanical needs as required.
• Maintain up to date standard operating procedures, logs, and safety information.
• Monitor inventories of malts, hops, CO2, N2, compressed air and O2, cleaning chemicals, packaging materials and general supplies.
• Place orders for raw material and other inventory items as needed.
• Monitor inventory of packaged beer.
• Manage yeast harvesting and monitor health and scheduling of multiple strains.
• Collect and analyze data during fermentations (gravity, pH, temperature, time, observations).
• Attend to fermentations (i.e. changing temperature setpoints, cleaning out cones, capping, fermenter additions - dry hopping, spices, finings - and monitoring pressures).
• Manage cellar transfers, clarifications and filtrations.
• Handle setup, breakdown, cleaning and sanitation of centrifuge, filter, product pumps, dry hopping equipment, etc.
• Handle disposal of chemical, solid and spent filter media waste.
• Manage tank cleaning, sanitation, and CO2 purging in preparation for beer transfers.
• Manage cold space cleaning and general cellar cleanliness.
• Achieve proper beer carbonation levels for packaging.
• Manage keg and cask cleaning/sanitation and filling operations.
• Manage inventory of finished beer in cold storage.
• Assist with monitoring and maintenance of wastewater pretreatment facility and equipment.
• Maintain regular involvement with local and national industry organizations.
• Attend festivals, beer tastings and other promotional or special events.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Strict attention to detail.
• Skilled in training others.
• Skill in effective communication.
• Skill in responsible decision-making.
• Able to lead by example and demonstrate reliability.
• Able to lead a team and effectively train people regardless of background or previous experience.
• Able to multi-task.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50-100 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: GM Brewery Operations
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree or Vocational degree preferred
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years’ experience; management experience is preferred
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: Yes
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic tools, floor pumps, diatomaceous earth filter, centrifuge, pasteurizer, carbonating unit dry hop machine and skyjack
Equal Opportunity:We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.