Brewery Representative I
Mass. Bay Brewing Company
Apply for Job
This is an entry-level and direct outside sales position for the Harpoon Distributing Company (HDC). The HDC Brewery Representative is responsible for the overall management of a sales territory, with routine peer-to-peer coaching from a Senior Sales Representative. The primary responsibility of the HDC Brewery Representative is to execute ongoing sales transactions at individual retail accounts. The HDC Brewery Representative must maintain existing accounts and acquire new business within the assigned territory. Other duties include managing Accounts Receivable and Collections, merchandising, and relationship development. The ideal candidate will have regular and ongoing sales activity with each account within the territory, achieve sales goals on a monthly basis, and provide excellent customer service.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Direct Sales: Calling accounts and covering daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern. Analyzing entire account base by visiting accounts and determining the specific needs of the individual accounts. Using a handheld electronic device to enter orders and other relevant account information.
- Merchandising: Establishing and implementing sales and merchandising objectives relative to brand priority for each account by understanding company priorities.
- Delivery: Emergency delivery of cases and kegs to Boston-area package stores and bars.
- Draft Work: Maintaining, repairing, and cleaning draft lines at Boston-area bars. Maintaining HDC draft tools and equipment.
- Administration: Understanding Harpoon’s pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis by maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Accounts Receivable and Collections: Managing account statements for each retailer and ensuring collection of A/R according to established terms and conditions.
- Promotions: Ensuring maximum brand visibility within accounts by using effective point of sale materials when appropriate. Organizing special promotional events to maximize brand visibility within accounts.
- Some professional, outside sales experience a plus
- College degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build productive partnerships and collaborate with decision makers
- Valid Massachusetts driver's license; safe driving record
- Reliable transportation to service the sales territory (proof of insurance on the vehicle is required)
- Residing within 15 miles of assigned territory is preferred
- Enthusiasm for craft beer
45 - 50+ hours per week, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work required. Ability to deliver kegs is a must.
This is a full-time position with great benefits including, health, dental, LTD, STD, ESOP, 401K, paid vacation, and holidays.
TO APPLY- PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY THROUGH OUR CAREERS PAGE USING THE LINK PROVIDED: