Experienced Brewer Wanted - Athletic Brewing Company
Athletic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
SEEKING a versatile, experienced brewer interested in making high-quality beer in an innovative segment of the craft beer market. Athletic Brewing is pioneering a revolution in non-alcoholic craft beer. The opportunity this role affords can be as expansive in a rapidly growing company. Plenty of room for advancement and increased responsibility. You will be working alongside an award-winning head brewer tackling unique challenges. We would love to further discuss our vision for the brand, impact, and how you can be a big part in it playing out.
- Work independently and in teams on hot and cold side of production from ingredient reception through packaging.
- Record keeping: Brewing data, fermentation, QA/QC, lab, packaging, inventory (front and back of house).
- Opportunity to experiment on 3.5 bbl pilot brewhouse for small batch offerings and recipe development.
- Opportunity to represent company and interact with customers in tap room and at festivals, if interested.
- Operate and maintain a 20 bbl and 3.5 bbl brewhouse and associated tanks, and other centrifuge, canning, pasteurizing equipment from time to time.
- 2 years commercial brewing experience required.
- Brewing degree not required but considered favorably.
- Lab/micro or chemistry experience/understanding valued.
- Packaging experience (canning) valued.
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation.
- Experience with tools valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
Skills and Traits:
- Passion, Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Must be able to fulfill physical requirements of running a brewhouse for full shifts – safely lift, climb stairs, clean, kneel, use ladder at heights, etc.
- Personal curiosity in improving systems.
- Desire to have a positive impact on customers.
- Interest for the brewing industry and community.
- Location: Stratford, CT.
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Benefits: Full health, vision, dental, life, 401k matching.
- Working with a new Mark’s 20 bbl brewhouse and CODI canning line.
- Versatile work schedule, but reasonable in quantity.
- Email email@example.com to apply.
- We are an equal opportunity employer – we thrive when we champion diversity and inclusion. We are welcoming, respectful, and supportive at work and in our community.