Brand Sales Representative
Apply for this Job
This key person will serve as a Brand Sales Representative for Hi-Wire Brewing. The territory encompasses Coastal North Carolina, including Wilmington, New Bern, Elizabeth City, and the Outer Banks.
Candidate must be a self-starter. Candidate must be able to maintain business-like behavior during and after consumption of alcohol. Candidates must have flexible schedule; ability to work some nights and weekends. Candidates must also have a clean driving record, and must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel and Word. The ideal candidate will already live in Wilmington and have an in-depth knowledge of the local craft beer scene.
- “On the Street” Sales
- Coordinate and support brewery events (tastings and festivals) that generate brand awareness and consumer sampling, as well as new distribution at target accounts; goal of setting up at least one event per week
- Work with Regional Sales Manager on a regular basis, no less than monthly, concentrating on increasing both draft presence and package distribution off and on premise
- Develop key customers in the territory and attain a proprietary relationship with said retailers to gain sales and distribution
- Work with distributor(s) to design, print, and/or put up signage in bars regarding Hi-Wire, particularly with key accounts
- Participate in “ride withs” with sales reps and team leaders from each distributor in entire territory
- Attend, on average, two out of town promotional events per month
- This may include several days in a row for: expansion into new markets, sales pushes, in coordination with festival weekends, et cetera
- There may be other weeks where this person will be entirely in Asheville
- Elicit feedback from the market on what could help propel the brand further and report to owners, including: pricing, point-of-sale items, et cetera
- Organizational / Reporting
- Keep a weekly/bi-weekly planner of goals and account calls within each wholesale territory using Lilypad, Hi-Wire Brewing’s CRM software.
- Know pricing of all Hi-Wire products, plus general pricing of similar craft and import beer competitors in territory
- Respond to general business e-mail inquiries and forward pertinent information accordingly
What Attributes Will Make You A Strong Candidate For This Role?
- Knowledge of the key retail players in the Eastern North Carolina market – On Premise, Off Premise, Chain, Independent
- Being able to manage your calendar and not letting your calendar manage you
- Follow up…..follow up….and more follow up skills needed
- Organized and efficient with your time and efforts
- Being able to work without a tremendous amount of daily/weekly supervision
- Innovative ideas and not being afraid to think outside the box
- Travel, Meals, and Entertainment Budget
- A cell phone plan – employee must provide their own phone – will also be paid for
- Health insurance benefits are offered to employees after an initial probationary period
This is an incredible opportunity to join a fast paced and rapidly growing craft brewery in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic! Feel free to show us what you’ve got and tell us what you’ve been up to – we’re looking for “go-getters” and people who want to leave their thumbprint on something they started. We look forward to hearing from you!
At Hi-Wire, we strive to be as independent and authentic as possible, while maintaining an approachability to our beers. Located in Asheville, North Carolina , Hi-Wire Brewing embraces its craft from top to bottom – from its highly drinkable, hand-crafted brews to its artwork, hand-drawn by a local artist. Our light-hearted circus theme embodies the fun, authenticity, and creativity of this deep-rooted craft; our work environment, ethic, and culture reflect this commitment.
Hi-Wire Brewing is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination against any employee or applicant seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, public assistance status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.