Troegs Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Position: Sales Analyst
Job Classification: Full-Time, Year-Round
Reports to: VP of Sales
Benefits: Available Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacation – Eligible after satisfactory completion of 90-day Introductory Period; Retirement plan – Eligible after 1 year of service
Tröegs Brewery is a family-owned company with a perpetually curiosity for making great beer. We look for co-workers who share our uncompromising vision. We value highly-skilled people who can get along with others and maintain a positive working environment.
The Sales Analyst will support the VP of Sales, Regional Sales Managers, Area Sales Managers, and Sales team with data analysis, consumer insights, and by reporting and creating presentations. They will be primarily responsible for developing weekly line of sight tools that are specific to the needs of Troegs Brewing Company (TBC), developing and maintaining Armadillo information sharing. The Sales Analyst will also be responsible for creating plan specific “business math” scenarios for Regional Sales Managers and the rest of the sales team, and presenting and educating them on how to use that information.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities:
- Lead data collection efforts for all aspects of the TBC sales department.
- Analyze data retrieved from several data sources, including VIP, IRI, Armadillo Insights, and our CRM among other sources.
- Develop powerful sales presentations for our Sales Team to present at monthly sales meetings, distributor/retailer meetings, key accounts, and annual business plans.
- Tracking and accounting of Sales bonus plans as they relate to sales results.
- Identify tactical sales opportunities using data and assist with developing executable plans to improve performance.
- Own pricing analysis, development of pricing recommendations and managing price changes to help identify actionable opportunities for our sales team.
- Build and maintain sales tools and score cards, including tracking daily rate of sale.
- Run ad-hoc data analyses to serve the needs of sales, marketing, finance and other internal teams and work with them to construct sustainable systems that put actionable data in front of those who needs it when they need it.
- Help us to understand what has already happened, but also tell us what is likely to happen next by making quantitative projections:
- Track, analyze, and report on various sales metrics; monitor progress towards budget and sales goals and keep management apprised of any issues
- Generate analysis of sales trends, competitive activity, and market intelligence to help develop sales forecasts and the annual budget
- Train and communication with the sales team on new capabilities relating to data analysis.
- Develop and push out weekly line of sight tools that are sales rep specific.
- Develop and maintain Armadillo information sharing.
- Provide data and insight for market/distributor specific opportunities and provide line of sign progress reports to the sales team.
Skills and attributes necessary for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree, Finance, Business, or Economics are preferred
- 1-3 years of consumer-packaged goods analysis in a professional business role, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Industry experience preferred.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel at an advanced level; spreadsheet creation, editing and exporting to other applications, utilizing macros and pivot tables are a required skill.
- Experience with consumer analytics services and CRM systems. VIP, IRI, and LillyPad are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to be a self-starter who requires minimal guidance.
- A strong attention to detail, be able to prioritize appropriately, and have strong project management skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of sales and financial principals.
- 40 hour minimum work week, with extended hours as required
Phone calls will not be accepted. If we feel you are potential candidate, we will call you
Troegs Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Troegs Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Troegs Brewing Company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.