Brick House Brewery and Restaurant
Apply for this Job
The Brick House Brewery, located in beautiful, waterfront Patchogue, Long Island, NY is one of the longest running New York brewers since prohibition. Founded in 1996, BHB has won many awards over the past 2+ decades. We have an immediate opening for a brewmaster to take over all aspects of brewing and managing our 10-barrel brew house in our 200-seat brewpub.
Responsibilities and qualifications:
- Maintaining our core brands and brewing to our exceptional levels of quality and consistently
- Proven brewing, filtering, packaging, keg and tank cleaning, etc. skills
- Development of new and innovative recipes to ensure BHB stays fun and current while maintaining our long standing history in the community
- All record keeping and filing of reports to both state and federal regulatory agencies associated with the brew house (excise tax, Brewers Report of Operations, etc.)
- Be available as an ambassador for BHB both on and off premise events. As such, some weekend work to attend festivals, trade shows and participation in other events are required.
- A strong self starter with a positive work ethic and be able to motivate and innovate with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills
- Inventory management
- Mechanically inclined
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other computer software programs
- Willing to conduct occasional off-premise sales calls to grow the BHB brand locally throughout Long Island
- Work well alone and in teams to ensure BHB’s image and reputation as an industry leader in Long Island’s craft beer industry
- Strong mathematical background preferred
- 3-5 years professional brewing experience
- 4 year degree or equivalent preferred
- Able to lift and maneuver 50+ lbs. in close quarters
In short, the qualified candidate will be responsible for all daily production needs and serve as a liaison between BHB and the local community. If you have the above qualifications and the desire to join our team, we would like to hear from you. Send a cover letter, resume and/or CV to the address below. To apply for this position, email email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or call and ask for Tom at 631-475-9400 during normal business hours or at 631-553-2314 evenings.
The Brick House Brewery is an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive benefits. Salary, commission and benefits will commensurate with experience.