On Premise Sales Manager
Apply for this Job
What’s a “Superbrew”? We made it up. Because nothing tastes quite like it. Willie’s Superbrew is a hard seltzer blended with hundreds of pounds of real fruit. It’s gluten free and low in carbs and calories, like you’d expect from a seltzer, but there is so much more flavor because instead of artificial or “natural” flavors, we’re using real ingredients.
We have won multiple gold medals for our recipes in international competitions, were hand-chosen by the Founder & CEO of Chobani to participate in Chobani’s Food Incubator for up and coming food & beverage entrepreneurs, and most recently won the Brewbound Pitch Slam.
It all started when a goat farmer and a surfing neuroscientist met on the beach. They decided they wanted to make the perfect drink for the occasion. Now, we are a small, Boston-based team with heart and hustle unified by our mission to bring real ingredients, transparency, and soul to alcohol. Join us?
At Willie’s, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day. We believe that they are the glue that keeps us all together, and keeps us moving forward, improving, and growing as individuals and as a company:
Have a Soul
Be Curious and Innovate
At Willie’s, sales = relationships. You are a partner, rather than a "salesperson". As the first On Premise focused member of the sales team, you will have the opportunity to have real ownership and influence in the development and growth of our On Premise strategy. After focusing on the Off Premise for several years, building strong rate of sale in chains, grocery, and liquor stores, we are now beginning to work closer with bars and restaurants. You will assume direct responsibility over a group of accounts for whom you will see on a weekly or monthly basis and will work closely with our Head of Business Development and sales team to identify and pursue our next perfect partner accounts to work with. As you help shape our approach, you will train the rest of our sales team to drive growth in their territories. You will work with our distributor as a partner, managing them through frequent daily and weekly communications to complement and augment your efforts in the field. You will own the entire sales process in your market, and directly impact the growth of Willie’s Superbrew in this territory.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Very organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Great with people
- Excellent communication skills
- Gives and takes feedback and supports the development of others
- Ready and willing to roll up sleeves & wear many hats when needed
- Access to reliable transportation
- Strong integrity and care about your impact
- Passion for the vision of Willie’s Superbrew
- Ready to work hard, learn a lot, and have a freaking blast
- At least 2 years prior experience working in the On Premise, ideally on the supplier or distributor side
- Work closely with our Head of Business Development and our distributor partners to build out a thorough target list of bars and restaurants
- Own the entire sales process & management of accounts in your territory to ensure everyone is up to date, excited about the brand, educated about our product and new products, and has product in stock
- Work very closely with distributor partner(s) to manage the market, make new sales and identify opportunities for growth - updating them daily/weekly with your sales activities and working with reps and brand managers on a weekly basis as partners to maximize sales opportunities and distributor share of mind
- Increase rate of sale through: additional SKU distribution, menu placement, staff trainings, cocktail placements, off menu visibility, promotions and other strategic initiatives
- Record daily check-in entries to maintain an understanding of our current positioning and opportunities at all accounts
- Scale and refine our initial playbook for on-premise sales to build a key tool for national expansion and help train the rest of the team in the On Premise
- Meet and exceed monthly sales goals for volume and other initiatives
- Carry out promotions & events once per week and as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
If Interested, please reach out to email@example.com with a resume and a short
paragraph on why you are interested in the position.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be
modified to meet changing needs. As a fast-growing startup, we need everyone
to put on different hats and do what it takes to move this company forward and
achieve our goals.