Sales Manager West
Charles Faram Inc
Apply for this Job
BREWING INDUSTRY "HOPPORTUNITY!"
Sales Manager - West
Location: Portland, OR
Are you passionate about the craft beer industry? Do you act like a kid in a candy store when you hear of a new beer release from your local brewery? Do you show up early when you know there's going to be a cask tapped? Do you plan your tourism around the craft breweries you want to visit at your destination? Well, we've been guilty of all of these. If you said "yes" to any, you just might be the fit we're looking for to join our Portland based team at Charles Faram.
With offices in the UK, the USA, and Canada, Charles Faram has been at the forefront of the brewing industry for over 150 years, providing the world's best hops, malts, yeast, and brewing aids. Based in Portland OR, Charles Faram Inc. has a passion for delivering high-quality brewing supplies to Craft Brewers across the globe and strives to provide first class customer service.
The Sales Manager - West will be the face of outside sales in the Western United States who will cultivate new and strengthen existing customer relationships through regular visits. In addition, this position will need to provide after sales support and work closely with finance, administration, and operational teams to ensure each sale/order is accurate from start to finish. This position will require approximately 50% office time and 50% travel.
Summary: The Sales Manager – West will be responsible for generating leads in the Western United States while also playing the role of account manager for existing clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as main sales and customer service contact for clients in the Western US who have questions about their accounts, contract balances or product availability
- Visit local and/or regional clients to maintain solid relationship with existing customers and generate opportunities with new ones
- Contact lost customers and inquire why business was lost
- Use industry network to introduce our company and generate new leads
- Receive orders directly from customers and verify accuracy against company resources to include but not limited to sales plans, contract databases, customer order history and the company’s prevailing sales strategy
- Prepare accurate and timely packing slips to submit to Accounting for processing
- Respond to inquiries and complaints from customers and give after-sales support when requested
- Project creation and management
- Assist in Marketing strategy and help identify key demographics that need targeting
- Work with team management to maintain current price lists and re-evaluate price points to accelerate stock turnover and ensure relevance in times of market fluctuations
- Perform administrative and office support activities, as needed
- Perform other duties as required to support these processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or Finance highly preferred
- A minimum of 4 years in sales or customer service experience
- Ability to maintain a mature, problem solving attitude in all situations
- Passion for the craft brewing industry is a huge plus
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Highly proficient on Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Work with minimal supervision