Lucky Envelope Brewing
Apply for this Job
Lucky Envelope Brewing is looking for a passionate and hard-working individual to join our brewing team. 2+ years of brewery experience and/or brewing school accreditations strongly preferred.
Job Summary: The primary role of the brewer will be a focus on all back-of-house aspects of brewing including wort production, fermentation, and cellaring. This full-time position will report directly to the Head Brewer. The secondary role will be to support the brewery in other capacities as required.
Ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years brewing experience in the beer industry
- Fermentation science or brewing school degree
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, sense of accountability
- In-depth understanding of brewing science
- Passion for learning and teaching
- A desire to take on new responsibilities and seek constructive feedback
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and leadership skills
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment
- Lab experience a plus
Roles & Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Performing and managing some aspects of brewing production operations including: wort production, fermentation monitoring, transfers, brew schedules, record keeping, yeast management, dry hopping, filtering, quality control, inventory recording.
- Perform, manage cellar work including CIP of brew house, fermentation vessels, packaging, and cleaning kegs.
- Communicate frequently with Head Brewer on day-to-day and longer term timelines
- Assist with recipe development and pilot batches
- Assist with oversight of our growing barrel program – both clean and funky
- Assist with education and training of staff including assistant brewers, cellarpeople, and tasting room
- Some management of brewery staff in day-to-day operations
- Maintain a clean and sanitary brewery workplace
- Maintain proper awareness of and adherence to safety guidelines, standard operating procedures, and chemical handling guidelines.
- Assist in developing, writing, and updating existing SOPs
- Work closely with sales team, tasting room and owners to ensure mutual success
- Represent Lucky Envelope at on and off-site events in a friendly, engaging, and positive manner
- Have and maintain a clean driving record
- Ability to work independently and manage tasks in a team environment
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs repeatedly and maneuver 175lb 1/2bbl full kegs safely, lift with assistance
- Ability to work in wet, cold/hot, noisy environments
- Must be able to work with hands, twist, reach over shoulders, crouch, and stand on a continual basis
- Have flexibility to work some non-standard hours (early mornings, late evenings, weekends)
- MS Office skills necessary for emails, data entry, and spreadsheet work
- Must maintain MAST & King County Food Worker’s Card certifications (Lucky Envelope to pay for training/fees)
Employment with Lucky Envelope Brewing will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.