Apply for this Job
Kane Brewing Company is a fast growing and award winning production brewery located on the coast of New Jersey in Ocean Township. We are looking for Brand Manager to add to our growing team.
The Brand Manager is responsible for wholesale draft (on-premise) and retail packaged sales (off-premise) in his or her assigned territory within New Jersey. This includes the acquisition of new accounts and the maintenance of existing accounts through relationship building with a focus on increasing draft presence and premium shelf space to drive sales. In addition, this person will be soliciting orders, assigning them to the correct distribution geography and entering them into the system for processing and delivery.
This is not an entry level position. If you have no experience working for a craft brewery, as a brewery sales representative or at a wholesaler your application will not be considered.
Critical Responsibilities Include:
- Daily correspondence with relevant customers to update them on availability and solicit orders
- Accurate order entry into the system by the order deadline
- Periodic in-person visits to existing customers to cultivate relationships, including determining the correct frequency with which to do so
- Fielding new account inquires that come in unsolicited
- Proactive scouting of appropriate prospective new accounts in assigned territories
- Identify opportunities to grow volume within existing accounts (i.e., additional lines for Kane)
- Managing inventory, in coordination with Director of Sales, and allocating kegs where necessary
- Working with Director of Sales to monitor growth among specific customers and territory wide
- Attending and representing Kane Brewing at festivals and events
- Developing short and long term Territory Action Plans (from weekly routing to quarterly/yearly progress tracking
- Meet with and report to Director of Sales and President weekly to discuss recent activity and next week’s Action Plan
- Work with Accounting Department to manage account receivable and timely payment from customers
- Manage off premise accounts to maintain placements and proper product rotation to maintain freshness
Quality candidates will have the following skills:
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Communicate efficiently with team and customers
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Sales role is required
- Brand Representative or Distributor Sales Representative experience ideal
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, PTO.
As with all our positions at Kane Brewing Company we are looking for someone with a strong work ethic and a team player that is looking for a position at a fast-growing company.
Kane Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.