Tasting Room Lead
Peach Street Distillers
Apply for this Job
Tasting Room Lead
Reports to: Tasting Room Manager
This role is the “on the ground” manager of all tasting room initiatives, none more important than our overall guest experience. This position works hand in hand with the Tasting Room Manager to execute all agreed upon goals to their fullest, and directly with the staff to train, educate, and build up the front of the house team. Communicating our priorities and culture to our internal team, and to our guests, in a personal way, is key.
- In depth knowledge of Tasting Room Operations, primarily focused on guest experience and efficient day to day operations is crucial. A strong knowledge and passion for spirits and cocktails is appreciated.
- Sets the example in a lead bartender role while supporting and filling in on all floor positions based on varying needs (the ideal candidate will be capable of covering any tasting room position when required)
- Maintain a Monthly Schedule for all hourly employee’s, submit for Tasting Room Manager final approval a minimum of 2 weeks before planned publication.
- Coordinate (and at times execute) Tour programs and Tasting Bar Events
- Directly Responsible for onsite Merch Sales, monthly inventory management, and long term purchasing planning.
- Maintains and elevates guest experience by Executing policies and standard operating procedures; Ongoing staff support and Training
- Plans daily and weekly cocktail features in concert with staff insight; works in coordination with Social Media and Sales Manager to share unique and locally focused cocktails to the public.
- Maintains and elevates guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with preferred guests
- Building up the next level of managers for both floor managers and tour guides.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Accomplishes company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Responsible for opening and/or closing registers and basic daily financial oversite
- Contributes to overall team effort by accomplishing results as necessary in an evolving business environment
Ideal Tasting Room LEAD Skills and Qualifications:
Quality focused, customer oriented, hospitality driven, safety minded, prepared to make real time decisions, working knowledge of common cocktails and their proper construction, adept at strategic planning, excellent verbal communication, proficiency in managing people and overall team building, capable of standing for extended periods of time and to repeatedly lifting #40lbs
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate (experience based), 4 tipped shifts per week (increased hourly rate for non-tipped “office hours”), Healthcare/Dental/Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off