Czig Meister Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Czig Meister Brewing Company is a growing production brewery located in Hackettstown, New Jersey. We are looking for an Assistant Brewer with a passion for craft beer and the brewing process to join our team. The Assistant Brewer will work under the supervision of our Head Brewer and be involved in all aspects of the brewing and packaging process. We operate a 15BBL brewhouse, and our current annual production rate is approx. 3,000 bbls. We also get quite adventurous with our small-batch pilot system, brewing a variety of beer styles on a regular basis.
The Assistant Brewer position is Full Time, hourly position with benefits. Compensation will be determined based on experience. The qualified employee must possess a minimum of the following listed skills, knowledge and experience. If interested, please send a resume to jobs@CzigMeisterBrewing.com
- Assist Head Brewer in daily job duties including, but not limited to:
- CIP/SIP of all brewery vessels
- malt milling, wort production and transfers
- yeast harvest and pitching
- fermentation monitoring
- keg cleaning and filling
- canning and bottling
- general cleaning
- Receive and inspect all raw materials (grain, hops, yeast, etc.)
- Must be able and willing to work a variable shift schedule (from early morning to early evening) that is dependent upon the operational needs of the brewery
- Follow all company policies & procedures, reflect organizational core values and strive to maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Follow the production schedule and daily tasks determined by Head Brewer.
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Bachelor degree a plus (especially science, engineering or brewing education).
- Strong work ethic, punctuality and professional maturity are a must.
- At least one year of commercial brewery experience preferred, 3+ years home-brewing (all grain) valued
- Experience in cellaring and brewing production valued.
- Strong technical understanding of brewing process and sanitation valued.
- Experience with sanitation and cleaning systems valued.
- Lab/micro experience valued.
Skills, Traits and Physical Requirements:
- Passionate interest in beer, the brewing industry and community.
- Integrity, Honesty, Dependability, Self-motivation, Attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and with the team.
- Team-oriented and results driven with a commitment to quality.
- Able to accurately follow verbal and written directions, including existing SOP’s while helping improve practices as we grow
- Understanding of specific beer process terminologies.
- Able to easily understand how things work and can quickly troubleshoot equipment that may need repair or adjustment.
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, monitor own work to ensure quality and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Must be able to fulfill the physical requirements of running a brewhouse – safely lift, climb stairs and ladders, clean, etc.
- Forklift aptitude.
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly and move 165 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to lift, drag, carry and manipulate kegs (full or empty), hoses, and other equipment.
- Ability to twist/turn and stand/walk on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work on your feet for over eight hours at a time.
- Ability to work safely with chemicals of varying composition.
- Ability to work in temperature extremes, damp/wet areas, around grain dust and steamy wet spent grain
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot beer related issues
- Desire and ability to take ownership of your responsibilities and embrace continuous improvement
- Obsession with cleaning and sanitizing
- Valid driver’s license