Untied Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Sales Representative???Job Summary
Untied Brewing Company is searching for an experienced Sales Representative who is familiar with a wide variety of beer styles and is capable of achieving sales goals and delivering quality customer service. The position will manage the sales of our brands to retail customers within a specific territory agreed upon with Upper Management. The position will manage the entire sales process, from lead generation through managing ongoing orders, will be responsible for opening new accounts, and will be responsible for growing share within existing accounts. A successful sales representative will gain an intimate and working knowledge of each account and have an open relationship with all members of management and brewery team. The position will represent Untied Brewing Company as the first point of contact from the brewery. This position involves a considerable amount of time in the field visiting accounts, educating and building existing and new relationships to forge strong partnerships. The Sales Representative will also organize and represent the company at events and festivals. This position requires flexible hours, daily travel and weekend events. This is an entry-level position. Workdays and hours will vary between weekdays, weekends, days and nights.
- Make daily sales calls to existing accounts and cold calls for new business.
- Visit and maintain contact with retailers, restaurants, bars.
- Be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or decision influencer in accounts.
- Meet or exceed quality and quantity of call metrics as set by management.
- Work with each account on a weekly basis to take new orders and setup a delivery schedule
- Upsell current & new customers on promotional and new brands
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of products
- Identify accounts that are not currently carrying the brand’s products and successfully execute opening new accounts to increase market presence
- Complete company administration requirements on time and regularly, including expense reports, month/annual territory plans, weekly/month recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily e-mail responses.
- Plan and execute educational seminars, product trainings, account calls, on-premise promotions, tap takeovers, beer dinners, tastings, to promote the brand and products; develop, implement, and evaluate brand-building projects
- Increase the number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores)
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key accounts on and off-premise
- Work with direction from Upper Management to achieve sales goals for revenue and volume growth while operating effectively within company and budgetary guidelines
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner; track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
- Manage all Accounts Receivable and collection of payments
- Research and gather information on beer festivals and review with Upper Management to determine which beer festivals to participate in.
- Coordinate Beer Festival sign up, beer orders, work and manage beer festivals
- Clean tap box and beer lines at the end of each event/festival
- Develop a sales promotional calendar geared towards building sales and distribution
- Develop and promote events using social media
- Develop key customers in each territory and attain a strong relationship to gain sales and distribution.
- Plan and execute promotion events with key bar/retailers that may occur any day of the week.
- Keep a Daily planner of goals and account calls
- Share contact database with Upper Management
- Presell seasonal/limited brand sales and track results.
- Work within and utilize all sales-related software
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Coordinate Deliveries with the Delivery team including the ability to deliver if needed.
- Completely understand and embrace the Untied Brewing Company brands and culture
- Must have a proven track record of Craft Beer Sales
- Ability to lift 170 pounds
- Valid Driver's License
- Must maintain a functional vehicle and have a driver’s license with NO DUI’S.
- Must have Clean Criminal Record
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be passionate about craft beer and the craft beer industry
- Must be able to understand the brewing process and terminology
- Must have well developed understanding of communication styles, proven ability to consistently recognize and adapt to all communication styles, and the ability to master all five components of the selling skills process (opening, proposal, probing, objection handling and closing).
- Must be proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google applications, and email.
- Cicerone and BJCP certification a plus
If you are interested and have the qualifications we are seeking, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a resume will not be considered. Untied Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation or marital/familial status.