Stone Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Assists with the operation of brewing equipment efficiently, accurately and safely to produce quality beer according to Stone Brewing Co. operating procedures and parameters. Must be able to work any shift in a 24 hour schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform a variety of sanitation and cleaning tasks such as Fermenter, BBT and other tank CIP/Scrub/Sanitation, floor scrubbing, Mill and tank cleaning, sweeping, cleaning hoses, parts cleaning, and other housekeeping tasks.
- Assists with the operation of brewery equipment to process brews according to Stone SOPs, including, but not limited to the items below:
- Assist with Brewhouse operation: Milling, Mashing, Lautering, Boiling, Whirlpooling, Knockout, Grains out (with yeast), Brewhouse Vessel CIP (incl Heat Exchanger and Hot Liquor Heat Exchanger)
- Assist with Filter operations: Carbonation of beer, Filtering, Cleaning firkins and Casking beer into firkins, Checking CO2 in beer.
- Cellar-Related operations: Checking Gravities/Monitoring fermentation(Incl. Glycol Controls), Capping/Chilling/Dry-hopping, Recording fermentations, Reading BBT levels and recording, Checking DO and Co2 in beer.
- Quality Assurance Operations: Cell Counts, Pitch Rates, Gravity Measurements, DO Measurements, Process Sampling, Yeast Viability Measurement, Taste Panel
- Effluent processing as it relates to the above operations, cleaning and organizing standards, Daily Record of Activities accurately and legibly recorded.
- Perform safe operation of material handling equipment for the purpose of receiving, sorting, counting, storing, staging, picking, locating, relocating, and delivering materials with accuracy. Properly and accurately record and consume raw materials used in AX and Ignition.
- May assisting with set-up for packaging sanitation and CIPS. Assist with Yeast disposal, and disposal of spent materials.
- Maintain safety within the brewery at all times.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence in English. Ability to speak effectively with team members and supervisors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in units using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate percentages and simple algebraic formulas.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be proficient in electronic communication and basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk: climb; use hands to finger, handle, or feel: reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific abilities in this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, as well as depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a damp environment with hot liquids, airborne particles, chemicals and moving machinery. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Measurement Standards of Great Performers
- Excellent Attendance
- Accurate and thorough recording of and adherence to all production parameters
- Excellent communication with Supervisor and other team members
- Strong cleaning ethic
- Safe conduct
- Ability to Multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of brewing process
- Cost saving suggestions