Apply for this Job
Lakefront Brewery has a rare opening for a full time Cellar Operator with a strong background in production brewery operations and brewing specific education (Siebel, UC Davis, etc).
We are a 45,000+ bbl/yr regional craft brewery and are constantly looking to push boundaries and bring new flavors to beer drinkers. With a balanced mix of eclectic and traditional beers, we provide a great opportunity for a skilled brewer looking to flex his (or her) creative and technical muscle.
What You’ll Do:
- Independently clean, sanitize, and operate all equipment.
- Attention to detail; we take great pride in consistently brewing world class beer!
- Ensure that all products meet required quality control points through proper technique and measurement.
- Yeast management (harvesting, pitching and counts/viabilities)
- Troubleshooting, technical maintenance, and by the letter adherence to SOPs
- Complete all required logs and paperwork accurately and on time.
- Help maintain inventory of raw materials and supplies
- Brewing experience is a plus including; milling, mashing, & lautering.
When You’ll Do It:
- Third shift: Monday 9pm-7am finishing the week on Friday morning. Four 10-hour days and occasional extra work on Fridays and weekends.
Who You Are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
- A great communicator! You work cooperatively with managers to address situations before they become issues.
- A positive go-getter and team player. You’re ready to help others in any department as needed.
- Able to follow both written and verbal instructions
- Successful multitasker, self-motivated to stay busy and of value during slow periods.
What You Can Do (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Safely lift 60 lbs on a regular basis (including carrying up stairs)
- Be on your feet all day; standing walking and stair climbing
- Ability and willingness to work in confined spaces as needed
- Lift, bend, and move repetitively
- Use of forklift and pallet jacks
What You’ll Get:
- In addition to becoming part of an amazing team, additional benefits include competitive salary with regular performance and salary reviews
- Full insurance package including choice of two medical plans (one is only $10/month), company paid dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance plans.
- Retirement plan with a company match.
- Paid time off, short term disability pay, paid holidays,
- Employee discounts on food, drinks and merchandise.
- Additional development opportunities. For example Russ annually takes half the staff to the Great American Beer Festival in Denver!!