Triangle Account Manager
Wise Man Brewing
Apply for this Job
Responsible for all sales activities in the “Triangle” area of North Carolina (i.e., Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill) including the daily account sales, promotions/tastings, festivals and marketing interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell Wise Man beers to on premise retail and off premise accounts as assigned by building strong rapport with retailers and putting down deep roots in specified territory.
- Be the primary point of contact, in the specified territory, for customers.
- Develop specific account action plans to maximize long term retail account sales and document your success in Wise Man Brewing’s CRM program.
- Work in collaboration with Director of Sales & Distribution, as well as Brewery Staff, to achieve team targets, introduce new marketing initiatives and execute programming.
- Grow Wise Man Brewing’s brand awareness in the territory by executing marketing efforts including on-site tastings, tap-takeovers, and other brand-enhancing initiatives.
- Maintain exceptional customer relations and position Wise Man as a market leader in the territory though account training (inclusive of server training), education, providing the highest-quality service, and sharing exceptional craft beer knowledge.
- Conduct quality audits in the territory and communicate with the Brewery Staff to ensure product quality.
- Work with Taproom manager to advertise account related events via Facebook and other social-media/web channels.
- Ensure that accounts have proper beer supply, tap handles, and related support collateral.
- Deliver (or enlist help for delivering) beer, invoices, tap handles, and related support collateral in one-off scenarios as needed.
- Maintain exceptional customer relations and position Wise Man Brewing’s as the go to resource by being a consultant though conducting account training (inclusive of server training), education and by providing the highest-quality service and craft beer knowledge.
- Conduct quality audits in assigned markets and communicate with the brewery to ensure product quality.
- Collect and maintain metrics, relevant account data.
- Listen to customer concerns and complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and/or shipments of incorrect product and report to Director of Sales & Distribution.
- Always represent the brewery in a positive manner.
- Operate with the highest integrity at all times, in compliance with all ABC, traffic, and other applicable laws, maintaining a professional demeanor with Wise Man’s customers and other stakeholders.
- Be a champion for our customers and for Wise Man Brewing.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Sales & Distribution.
- Strong craft beer knowledge and experience in the local marketplace.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate or ability to obtain within 3 months.
- Highly motivated with a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work alone.
- Strong knowledge of Wise Man Brewing, its history, and its product offerings.
- General knowledge of the brewing process.
- General knowledge of craft beer competitors, market share, and product offerings
- Staying current on current Craft Beer trends in North Carolina and beyond.
- Computer competence in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, and E-mail.
- Willingness and ability to complete administrative tasks and requirements on time, regularly including weekly activity reports, expense reports, monthly recaps, monthly calendar, budget management, and daily email responses.
- Be familiar and fully comply with ABC laws and other rules applicable to alcohol sales, promotions, delivery, etc.; maintain compliance with ABC license.
- As a key representative of Wise Man Brewing, must exercise good judgment and the highest integrity in all situations
- Must have a clean driving record and reliable vehicle.
- Fully comply with Wise Man’s rules and policies, including the Wise Man Brewing Employee Handbook.
- Capable of lifting and moving safely up to 60lbs., with assistance or alone.
Reports to the Director of Sales & Distribution