Oskar Blues Brewery
Apply for Job
This position is responsible for innovation of new brands and existing brands, continuation of quality/consistency of existing brands, raw material assessment/acquisition and public facing brewery promotion via collaborations, events and public/press interaction.
• Creates and assists in development of new brands.
• Develops new recipe formulations, including special batch collaboration with brewing partners.
• Assesses quality and consistency of existing core brands at all producing facilities.
• Innovates new approaches through process or use of new raw materials in order to increase quality/stability of existing/future brands.
• Sources and assesses raw materials for core brands and future brands.
• Promotes of brewery and brands through collaborations, festival attendance, and media interaction.
• Responsible for bringing POS to events and returning POS to appropriate CANarchy locations
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in commercial brewing.
• Knowledge of brewing, cellar, packaging, quality, utilities, maintenance and safety operations.
• Knowledge of raw materials and market.
• Skill in critical thinking, problem solving and adaptability.
• Skill in effective communication.
• Skill in responsible decision making.
• Ability to work well with other employees, breweries, public and media.
• Skill in creativity and effective use of raw materials to develop unique brands or quality examples of more traditional brands.
• Proven examples of created brands that have seen distribution on a large scale.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to lift and move 30-165 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Chief Operating Officer
Manages Others: No
Location: Longmont, CO
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s in Brewing/Experience in commercial brewing
Minimum Certification: Cicerone Certified Beer Server upon hire
Minimum Experience: 10 Years
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Computer, Forklift, Brewing Equipment
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.