Area Sales Manager - TX, LA
Vermont Cider Company
Apply for Job
Put your leadership, high energy, creativity and strong people skills to work! Vermont Cider Company has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Area Sales Manager in the territory of Texas and Louisiana. Dallas/Ft. Worth or San Antonio, TX preferred home base.
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) drives Vermont Cider Company (VCC) performance and achieves plan objectives by providing oversight of distributor management, retail execution, brand performance and development in assigned geographic market. This position will serve as a direct point of contact for our distributor network, ensuring a focus on VCC volume and distribution goals, distributor and retail execution and leadership. The ASM is responsible for achieving the company’s sales efforts in the market by:
Areas of Responsibilities
- Providing the drive towards volume, distribution and visibility and ensuring a sustainable and profitable growth.
- Spending the majority of time working with distributors to build the distribution base both ON and OFF Premise through all levels of the organizations.
- “Work withs” (wholesaler reps and management), product placement, price management, chain program execution and on-premise promotions.
- Holding meetings with each distributor to review performance against goals, discuss marketing programs and plans for ongoing execution.
- Utilize data from in-house systems as well as employ marketing tools to influence distributor focus.
- Participate in necessary trade events (industry, retail and/or consumer) such as wholesaler conferences, trade shows, events, etc.
- Monitor assigned budgets to ensure that spending stays within budget and on strategy.
- Comply with all VCC policies and procedures, ensuring that all activities are conducted within local, state and federal laws.
Administrative and Recapping Support
- Accountable for Monthly Recap
- Follow up letters to wholesalers recapping opportunities and results (SWOT)
- Budget management for individual T&E and sales spend in your areaTime management against wholesalers based on volume and opportunity
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the beverage industry with DSD and 3 tier understanding
- Possess the ability to work alone and make sound business decisions
- A minimum of 5 years of sales experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required or work experience equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to coach, train, and motivate others
- 1-2 years of experience working with P&L and at least 3 years of experience managing budgets is required
- Driven for results and able to handle complexity and change
- Propensity to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required to ensure clear and concise communication with management, co-workers and vendors/distributors
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Power Point)
- Ability to travel as required
Vermont Cider Company offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package including a bonus program, medical, dental, and a 401(k) plan. EOEVermont Cider Company is a leading hard cider maker in the United States, with a state of the art cidery located in Middlebury, Vermont. Vermont Cider Company crafts a variety of ciders for a variety of consumers. There’s ultra-craft Vermont Cider Co., iconic Woodchuck, fruit-forward Wyder’s as well as the classic Magners Irish Cider and Blackthorn, rounding out our import offerings. Vermont Cider Company reinvigorated American hard cider in 1991, with the launch of Woodchuck, and stays focused on the category today through our commitment to crafting innovative and refreshing hard ciders. For more information about Vermont Cider Company, please visit: www.vtciderco.com