Senior National Account Manager
Odell Brewing Company
Apply for Job
About Odell Brewing
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional guest experiences while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through their outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 23rd largest craft brewery in the United States and sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better
The Senior National Account Manager’s main function is to oversee the overall strategy of the national account department including, but not limited to, brand priority by package by chain, programming, discounting/promotions, forecasting and planning. The role will serve as a mentor and leader to the other members of the team and will work with the Director of Sales to effectively position the entire sales team to be successful.
- Model the values of OBC at all times, including our commitment to inclusion, quality, profitability, our co-workers, and our community
- Grow OBC chain presence thru targeted and data-centric (internal VIP/external IRI and Nielsen) presentations that effectively convey the OBC brand to gain new Points of Distribution (POD)
- Develop and execute chain strategies, as well as programming, in accordance with overall sales strategy of OBC
- Communicate regularly with Regional Managers to ensure execution on opportunities within their territories
- Work closely with data analysts in forecasting and goal setting, tracking rate of sale (ROS), POD’s and mandates.
- Work with distributors and their coworkers to present a unified message based upon goals set during ABP’s and subsequent follow up meetings
- Keep abreast of market trends through regular market visits, store visits in assigned account base territories to understand each accounts mission, goals, display space and discover opportunities
- Navigate the current climate of the craft segment and be able to anticipate the needs of the customer while remaining forward thinking
- Remain diligent, organized, and detailed in managing account profiles for assigned account base, develop and maintain master calendar of entire National Account Team’s presentation dates, reset dates, programming, ads etc.
- Mentor the team to foster an environment of support and sharing
- Monitor and manage the National Account Team’s performance
- Determine current and future needs of the team including but not limited to staffing, account assignments, budgeting, support and campaigns
- Consistently review team’s account base, POD’s, volume, actual vs. budget and goals and adjust accordingly
- Communicate ads, displays, Limited Time Offers (LTO) and in & outs to Regional Manager Team and distributors. Track execution and ROI on quarterly basis
- Share monthly gap reports with distributor for assigned chain accounts and work to maintain 100% compliance
- Address out of stock issues in assigned account base on a weekly basis
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (Concur, Paylocity, Pricing Surveys, Karma Tasks)
- Occasionally attend events, festivals, conferences and hand-sells
- Conduct regular meetings with identified/assigned customer targets/prospects while focused on customer needs, satisfaction and revenue growth
- 3-5 years of National Account Management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in relevant experience and education required
- Established relationship/contact base for national accounts and demonstrated track record of success in chain accounts
- Distributor management experience
- Ability to build effective presentations and tell the story of Odell Brewing
- Be a trusted resource for category managers, buyers and KAM’s across our distributors and assigned account base.
- Ability to travel extensively
- Intimate knowledge of VIP, IRI (Armadillo Insights) and Nielsen as well as the ability to identify trends and convey the information in a digestible format depending on audience
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
*Working location of this position is negotiable and is dependent upon the ability to regularly travel to assigned territories, as well as the Fort Collins and Denver areas.
- Medical/Dental/Long Term Disability/Vision benefits
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Profit sharing
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly beer allotment
- Employee Assistance Program
Interested applicants, please submit your completed application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior National Accounts Manager” in the subject line by April 5th, 2019.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.