Canning Line Operator
Apply for this Job
Job Description: Vertical Distilling
Title: Canning Line Operator – Production Team
Location: 2120 Miller Dr., Suite G, Longmont, CO 80501
Vertical Distilling is hiring a Canning Line Operator responsible for operating and maintaining all of our Wild Goose canning lines used for packing spirits-based canned cocktail beverages. The ideal applicant will have experience operating a can/bottle-filler, oversee a packaging team from brite tank to finished product, and conduct some cellarman duties. This is a full-time, hourly position at our Distilled Spirits and Canning Plant located in Longmont, CO.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Startup and shutdown of equipment and packaging utilities
- Inventory management through physical and software application
- CIP of can fillers, fill lines, hoses, etc.
- Inspect finished cans, seams, and filled cases to ensure within specifications
- Provide routine maintenance to the WG canning lines
- Maintain daily documentation
- Prioritize safety and quality
- The ability to make decisions, problem-solve, and prioritize assignments
- Maintain a positive and effective working relationship with staff and others
- Manage manufacturing orders to completion in a timely and quality-assured manner
- Work in a team environment to ensure the goals of the mission are met
- Ensuring manufacturing orders are completed and properly packaged
- Must enjoy working in a fun and friendly industry and workplace!
- 2 years+ food and beverage manufacturing experience preferred, but not required
- Experience operating beverage packaging machines (operating Wild Goose canning filler a plus)
- Strong planning, cleaning, and organizational skills
- Forklift operation experience a plus
- High School Diploma or GED required (a 2 or 4-year secondary degree/certificate a plus)
- Competent understanding of beverage packaging procedures, machine operation, palletizers, conveyors, etc.
- Quality minded to help develop and maintain GMPs
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have flexibility in scheduling to work shifts that start as early as 6am and/or as late as 8pm with some weekend work occasionally required
- Must possess the ability to move and maneuver 100+ lbs; stand for long periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, twist, and crouch repeatedly; and work in a loud, hot, and fast-paced environment
Compensation: Hourly. Commensurate upon experience. Room for advancement.
Send resume to email@example.com
-For the email subject line, please put ‘Canning Line Operator’ followed by a hyphen and your full name to be considered. For example: ‘Canning Line Operator - John Doe’.
About us:Vertical Distilling, headquartered in Longmont, Colorado, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Vertical provides co-packing services to the canned craft cocktail industry.