Employee Relations Specialist
Sierra Nevada Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Employee Relations Specialist helps maintain a positive workplace in our Food and Beverage operations by coaching and assisting leaders with day-to-day performance and behavior management, as well as responding to employee concerns. The Employee Relations Specialist conducts investigations and completes/maintains documentation. This position requires discretion, professionalism and initiative.
The role supports the relationship between the company and its employees, throughout all stages of the employment lifecycle: recruiting, onboarding, performance management, training and career development.
This position works closely with employees and managers in the Food and Beverage operation, HR Managers, HR Partners and the Chief HR Officer, as needed and as assigned.
- Takes the lead on employee relations issues, with assistance from other HR staff as needed. Performs intake on complaints or issues; creates and maintains ongoing documentation. Conducts investigations either independently or with the assistance of the HR Partner, HR Manager or HR Generalist. Consults with leadership to determine and deliver investigation outcomes.
- Assists department managers in developing the workforce to meet business goals.
- May assist or lead managers in policy administration, coaching, counselling, corrective action and performance improvement.
- Gathers data/metrics for employee relations issues; may review disciplinary actions and provide guidance to managers.
- This is a flexible role requiring understanding of and ability to support multiple HR functions, as described below.
- Recruiting/Onboarding: May conduct selection and hiring activities and assist with job descriptions or job postings.
- Employee Development: May create and/or conduct employee and leadership training in collaboration with the Employee Development team. May conduct onboarding activities.
- Benefits, Leaves & Retirement: May perform functions for benefits, leaves and retirement. Includes leaves of absence administration, benefits enrollments, changes, inquiries and 401K functions.
- Payroll/Records: May assist with employee inquiries, I-9 compliance, unemployment claims and/or other requests.
- Compliance/Policies: Supports policy creation, communication, updates and compliance.
- Additional Duties:
- May collect and analyze data, providing summary reports and recommendations to HR management.
- May participate in local HR meetings internally and externally, provide trainings as assigned, assist with employee related events
- May support other HR-related functions and/or programs and initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field and three (3) years of employee relations experience preferred, including conducting investigations; or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Specific focus in restaurant, customer service and /or sales is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- A proven and progressive track record in employee relations is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of major HR functional areas, understanding and interpreting laws, policies and guidelines is required.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including presentation/training skills.
- The ability to effectively summarize and communicate complex information, both written and orally, is essential.
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office platform—able to effectively use Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Occasional travel to visit other SNBCo. locations and attend trainings/conferences is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in a quiet office setting with occasional exposure to a manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check.
- Working hours may flex depending on work day. Selected candidate may have to work occasional evenings or weekends depending on workload.
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer