Jack's Abby Brewing
Apply for Job
Jack’s Abby is in need of a brewery engineer/mechanic who can oversee the physical brewing plant of a large regional brewery including a 130,000 sq ft building with two taprooms. The brewery operates an automated 60 bbl brewhouse, with 80,000 BBLs capacity, 20 head can line, automated keg line, large boiler, 12 head bottle filler, air compressor systems etc.
This position would be responsible for the programming, maintenance, and development of all automation and controls systems including PLCs, P&ID’s, motor control systems and control networks within the brewery. Also management of future growth and expansion projects.
- Work well and professionally with all brewery management teams including the brewery, taproom, sales, marketing managers.
- Manage outside tradesmen as needed including plumbers electricians welders, HVAC, and carpenters.
- Maintain good working function of all automation in the brewery to minimize downtime and process loss.
- Set up and create a long term maintenance plan
- Coordinate and manage vendors for systems maintenance, equipment repair, and new installations.
- Help lead new project development and optimization.
- Continually monitor all HMI’s and PLC’s to ensure proper operation, and work with production team and vendors as needed.
- Develop and manage a program for periodic systems and equipment validation/testing.
- Train and comply with lock-out/tag-out procedures.
- Develop SOPs and logs for program operations and preventive maintenance.
- Manage ordering, inventory, and logs for tools and parts/supplies, including cost effective approach with vendors and shippers.
- Work with management to continually recognize and assess possible plant improvements.
- Assist maintenance personnel with repairs and PM’s as needed.
- Respond to emergency calls during off shift as needed.