Three Floyds Brewing, LLC
Apply for this Job
Three Floyds Brewing, an award-winning craft brewery is looking for a highly-motivated, hard-working Quality Technician to join our Production/QAQC Team. This position is for a self-motivated beer professional with heightened attention to detail and a focus on achieving excellence.
A Quality Technician is a guardian of Three Floyd’s Brewing Company’s product Quality. The Technician works under the direction of the Quality Manager and closely with the brewing and packaging team ensuring the Company’s Quality standards are met.
1. Perform daily quality checks and communicate data to the Quality Manager.
2. Collaborate with brewers to track daily specific gravities, pH readings, tank swabbing, bright tank purging, and yeast cell counts to keep products within the set standards
3. Take dissolved oxygen readings throughout
4. Track packaging fill levels, CO2 and O2 levels. Along with bottle, can and keg filler performance and sanitation
5. Provide required lab reports weekly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually
6. Propagate yeast, ensure healthy yeast. Maintain mixed fermentation cultures needed for specialty products
7. Work with Sensory Team and be able to run
8. Maintain QA/QC documents and processes
1. Working knowledge of PH meter, autoclave, microscope, laminar flow hood, UV Spec, GC/MS, Anton Paar
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology or related field
2. Three years of previous lab work preferably in
3. Basic computer aptitude and working knowledge of Excel, Word and SAP Business
4. High degree of accuracy, precision
5. Familiar with media preparation, equipment sterilization, and sterile transfers
6. Solid communication skills with the ability to collaborate and influence others
Three Floyd’s Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Three Floyd’s Brewing Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation