KettleHouse Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
At KettleHouse Brewing Co., our mission is to match the quality of our beers to the quality of the Montana outdoor experience. We are an award-winning brewery located in beautiful Western Montana with a vision to work toward carbon neutrality in our brewery. KettleHouse opened in 1995 and has become a Missoula icon with three locations: two taproom breweries in Missoula, MT, and our state-of-the-art production and packaging facility located on the banks of the Blackfoot River in Bonner, MT. We are seeking a fun, driven, high-energy Marketing Manager to communicate and interact with the KettleHouse community.
The Marketing Manager will understand who KettleHouse customers are and what they value, and be able to use that knowledge to communicate the KettleHouse story in alignment with the Company’s voice and values to increase consumer demand, grow market share, and expand awareness of our products. You will have a solid understanding of how to develop, implement, and measure the effectiveness of the KettleHouse brand and its marketing and communication strategy. The Marketing Manager will differentiate and drive awareness of KettleHouse, promote and protect the brand, and engage customers and employees. You will actively participate in the development of a customer focused and performance driven culture. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for setting specific objectives to develop a cohesive and profitable marketing strategy.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be developing and implementing strategies to strengthen the KettleHouse brand. Some duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee all marketing related activity, including overall brand positioning, messaging, and engagement. Establish the strategic marketing plan for all product development, and promotional campaigns to increase awareness of KettleHouse products, create brand loyalty and generate sales.
- Drive brand growth and sales by delivering consumer, retailer, and wholesaler focused strategies that encompass marketing and craft beer trends.
- Capture and analyze the appropriate data, insights, and best practices to measure the impact of our marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop promotions and events that help achieve our sales goals.
- Support and interface with printing companies and graphic designers, to produce creative elements such as new packaging, point-of-sale materials, signage, print
andonline advertising, brochures, clothing, brewery souvenirs, and other marketing support materials.
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships throughout all of the communities that we serve.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable in the use of social media.
- Develop relationships with local and national media and be comfortable preparing and writing articles and press releases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, New Media or Public Relations preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years marketing strategy experience, preferably in the beverage industry, including two or more years with brand strategy experience.
- Passion for craft beer and stay up-to-date on the ever-changing beer market and marketing strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends when needed for events.
- Travel throughout KettleHouse’s territories frequently, and occasionally nationally for conferences, trade shows, etc.
About Missoula, MT:
Missoula is a vibrant community with deep character, rich history, and diverse terrain. The city provides many opportunities for new businesses, families, and individuals seeking an incredible quality of life. Located in Western Montana, “The Garden City” is known for its friendly atmosphere and beautiful scenery. Missoula is located along the Clark Fork River near its confluence with the Bitterroot River in western Montana and at the convergence of five mountain ranges; thus it is often described as the "Hub of Five Valleys." The 2014 Census put the population of Missoula at 69,821 and the Missoula Metropolitan Area at 112,684. Since 2000, Missoula has been the second most populous city in Montana.
Missoula's location in a river valley surrounded by mountains on all sides as well as its history has had a great influence on the development of the city's parks and recreation activities. Today the city boasts over 400 acres of parkland, 22 miles of trails, and nearly 5000 acres of open-space conservation land. Nestled in the confluence of the Clark Fork, Bitterroot, and Blackfoot Rivers, the area is also popular for whitewater rafting, kayaking and fly fishing. Additionally, Missoula has two aquatic parks, multiple golf courses, is home to the Adventure Cycling Association, and hosts what Runner's World called the "best overall" marathon in the nation. There are also three ski areas within 100 miles: Montana Snowbowl, Discovery Ski Area, and Lost Trail Powder Mountain. Slightly farther away are Lookout Pass, Blacktail Mountain, and Whitefish Mountain Resort.
Submit cover letter and resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be open until filled, but for priority consideration, please respond by March 15, 2019.