Assistant Brewer/Cellar Worker/Canning Line Operator
Duck Foot Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Come join us at the fast growing Duck Foot Brewing Co located in beautiful San Diego, CA! We're a small, but efficient team brewing delicious beers for our two tap rooms as well as for our hundreds of wholesale customers. As we grow we need more help brewing on our 15bbl direct fire Premier system. We're looking for motivated, enthusiastic, technical individuals to be a valuable part of our team.
- 1-2 years experience brewing & cellar work.
- All aspects of hot side of brewing: Milling, Mashing, runoff, knockout.
- All aspects of cold side of brewing: Yeast pitching & pitch rates, fining, fermentation control, packaging.
- Excellent attention to detail including record keeping for brew and fermentation logs.
- Compliance with all safety procedures.
- Brewery sanitation/cleaning procedures
- Experience operating or helping on a canning or bottling line.
- Knowledge of transferring and kegging finished beer.
- Ability to take direction and follow brewery SOP's
- Keg washer operation.
- Portable pump operation
- Chemical handling
- Familiarity with brewery safety procedures and requirement to use all safety equipment.
- Yeast handling knowledge.
- Knowledge of barrel aging a plus.
- Knowledge of Ekos Brewery Management System a plus.
- Mechanical knowledge a plus
- Brewing certifications a plus.
- Forklift operation/certification.
- Must be able to multi-task and work well in a busy environment.
- Knowledge of beer styles (BJCP, BA, Cicerone, etc)
Physical Abilities (brewing is hard work)
- Must be able to lift up to 55lbs.
- Must be able to stand, walk, crouch or crawl for extended periods.
- Able to work flexible shifts including possible weekend work.
- Ok to work in a noisy, wet, hot or cold environment.
Please include a resume and cover letter when applying.