M.I.A. Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
At MIA, our employees are like family. We are a creative, innovative group of people focused on producing quality beverages. Our employees work hard, they're passionate about our company, the quality of their work and our products. Everyone on the team is important, and we all rely upon each other to complete tasks so that operations run smoothly. We’re the largest independent brewery in South Florida. MIA Beer Company is a growing company so there is plenty of opportunity for growth for the right employee who is willing to work hard, complete tasks, follow directions, complete assignments on time, and who cares about the quality of their work. Producing over 10,000 barrels in 2018, MIA Beer and beverages are sold throughout Florida, Philadelphia, Atlanta, New York, and many more. Our foot print and innovative portfolio continues to grow every year.
Cellar Person is responsible for all aspects of processes related to fermentation, conditioning, treatment, clarification, carbonation, and any other processes required to achieve a final product ready for packaging. This employee must be a hard working, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. The candidate should also be a sociable person who is comfortable occasionally representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assistance with yeast handling and management
- Cellaring duties including fermentation management- Operation of centrifuge for beer clarification
- CIP (clean-in-place) of brewing and fermentation tanks, and other equipment
- Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging
- Following SOP (standard operating procedure) in each phase of brewing, fermentation, and packaging
- Maintaining clean brewing practices in the brewhouse and cellar
- Executing preventative maintenance on all brewhouse and cellar equipment
- Careful execution of treatment plans for specialty beers
- Assistance with lab testing and other Quality Assurance activities
- Able to perform cell counts/titrations/autoclave
- A strong passion for brewing and a desire to advance personal growth in the brewing industry
- Strong organizational habits, a self
- motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Some understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
- Flexibility in terms of hours and a willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime
- Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work as part of a team
EXPERIENCE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS PREFERABLE
- An understanding of quality assurance (QA) methods and techniques, laboratory operations, and basic knowledge of chemistry and biology
- Prior packaging, bottling, and racking experience
- Mechanical experience and aptitude- Forklift operation or certification
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl
- Heavy physical work including climbing stairs, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.
- Willing to work in wet, hot and cold conditions
- Willing to work in consistently loud environments
- Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
MIA Beer Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be based on experience. We offer health insurance for full-time employees along with vision and dental benefits, paid vacation, and 401k options.
If you think you have what it takes to join this growing company, please apply by email below.