NYC Sales Director - Torch & Crown, Manhattan's Only Production Brewery
Torch & Crown Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Torch & Crown Brewing Company is looking for a motivated, competitive Sales Manager to help us build our market presence from the ground up. We have two breweries – a production facility (30bbl brewhouse and 15,000+ bbl capacity) in the Bronx, and our brewpub (10bbl brewhouse, 3,500 bbl capacity, expected to open in June) in the Heart of the City.
At Torch & Crown, we aim high and move quickly. We took over a pre-existing brewery and are already brewing close to our full capacity and expanding. We’re also building the only production brewery in Manhattan and pursuing entirely new sales channels and routes to market. Our brand launched weeks ago and we’ve made quick progress with key accounts in NYC. We need someone to help us structure our sales/distribution process and build a scalable infrastructure therein, to manage sales planning/forecasting, and – for now at least – to make account visits and sales from the ground. We’re firmly committed to self-distribution and need to build our operation from all sides.
This role would ultimately morph into a Head of Sales/Distribution role (or potentially Chief Revenue Officer, as we reach a scale where that's applicable). In this position, you’ll report directly to our CEO.
- Someone who can rise to any task. We’re still small and growing rapidly, and we haven’t had a “normal” day yet. While we need you building our sales presence primarily, we’ll call upon you for marketing, data analysis, and operations management.
- Ambitious and competitive. Brewing and Selling in New York City is hard work, and expanding at our rate doubly so. We need someone who’s excited by that challenge and will thrive under that pressure alongside us.
- A person who wants to have influence and create something. We don’t do things “because that’s how they’ve always been done,” and have no patience for bureaucracy. We move quickly on new ideas and need them to come from everyone on our team.
- Interested in all aspects of distribution operations, hungry to learn, and willing to step in and ensure something gets done, however large or small. You value details above all and are willing to devote the appropriate care and attention to every step of the sales/distribution process.
- 2+ years of beverage sales experience in New York City, and a large list of relationships at on- and off-premise establishments in New York City (specifically in Manhattan)
- Organizational skills, strict attention to detail, and tenacity in following up and chasing down
- Outstanding analytical abilities and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, and a desire to represent our brand at events, festivals, and educational series.
- The ability to think on your feet to solve problems creatively
- Preferably a Bachelor’s Degree
- TOP pay. (Not “competitive,” and not “above average.”) We believe our people are our single greatest resource, and we compensate accordingly through base salary and annual bonus (both cash and equity, based on performance).
- Upward mobility. We’re a small company now, but as we grow through our two locations and multiple business segments, we’ll need people to arise to management roles from within.
- A tightly knit team, and a culture built around everyone’s success. We work hard towards our common goals, and we’re consciously building a team who wants to have each other’s back.
- Complete transparency. We’ll communicate precisely our vision and how we’re executing it. We don’t expect you to blindly follow orders, and we’ll never ask anything of you without communicating the “why” behind it.
- Benefits. These include ability to earn ownership in our company; healthcare/dental/vision coverage; 401(k); open personal time off (PTO) policy, including vacation and sick days; maternity and paternity leave.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter, and references (we won’t contact them without your consent) to email@example.com