CELLAR MANAGER - Perrin Brewing
Canarchy Holding CO LLC
Apply for this Job
This position manages the cellar team to effectively and efficiently execute the fermentation and filtration process.
- Awareness and proper management of the following hazards: trip, slip, fall, cut, crush, strain, pressure, electrical, explosion, heat, confined space, chemical and material.
- Attend festivals, beer tastings and other promotional or special events.
- Equipment maintenance and brewery mechanical requirements.
- Maintains up to date standard operating procedures, logs, and safety information.
- Monitors inventories of malts, hops, CO2, N2, compressed air and O2, cleaning chemicals, packaging materials and general supplies.
- Places orders for inventory items as needed.
- Monitors inventory of packaged beer.
- Yeast management and harvesting.
- Data collection during fermentations (gravity, pH, temperature, time, observations).
- Attends to fermentations (i.e. changing temperature setpoints, cleaning out cones, capping, fermenter additions - dry hopping, spices, finings - and monitoring pressures).
- Completes cellar transfers and filtration.
- Handles filter setup, breakdown, cleaning and sanitation.
- Handles spent filter media disposal.
- Manages tank cleaning, sanitation, and CO2 purging in preparation for beer transfers.
- Manages cold space cleaning and general cellar cleanliness.
- Achieves proper beer carbonation levels for packaging.
- Manages keg and cask cleaning/sanitation and filling operations.
- Assists with bottle filling operations.
- Manages cooperage inventory.
- Manages inventory of finished beer in cold storage.
- Prepares orders for shipment.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skilled in attention to detail.
- Skilled in training others.
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision-making.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50-100 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Supervisor: Director of Brewery Operations
Manages Others: Yes
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelors Degree or Vocational degree preferred
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: 3-5 years experience; management experience is preferred
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: Less than 10%
Driving Requirements: Yes
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic tools, floor pumps, diatomaceous earth filter, centrifuge, pasteurizer, carbonating unit dry hop machine and skyjack
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Contact Us: email@example.com