CELLAR TECHNICIAN - Perrin Brewing
Canarchy Holding CO LLC
Apply for this Job
This position prepares, monitors and facilitate the fermentation and filtration of beer through the cellar to the packaging team.
- Mastery of all entry-level cellar tasks (daily fermentation checks, yeast drops, Clean in Place/Sanitize in Place, and dry-hopping).
- Assists brewery staff with day to day operations.
- Operation of DE filter, centrifuge and/or pasteurizer.
- Cleans and fills kegs, casks or other containers, palletizing kegs and movement to cooler.
- Cleans floors, drains, tank exteriors and equipment.
- Supports packaging beer.
- Prepares distribution shipments with a pallet jack usage.
- Mills in grain and prepares water for brew day.
- Drops yeast from tanks following fermentation.
- Maintains accurate records for all activities.
- Adheres to standard operating procedure requirements for all cellaring processes.
- Safely handles chemicals.
- Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Performs general equipment maintenance.
- Supports the basic training of new cellar employees.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Skill in attention to detail
- Skill in effective communication.
- Skill in responsible decision-making.
- Ability to demonstrate reliability.
- Ability to multi-task.
Physical & Mental Requirements
Must have the physical and mental strength and endurance to be able to perform duties, in at times extreme environments, as well as the ability to handle stressors of the position in operational and administrative situations. Required to frequently lift and move 50-100 pounds. Expected to stand, sit, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, bend, talk, hear, taste, smell, see, and operate objects, tools, and controls.
Position Snap Shot
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Supervisor: Cellar Manager
Manages Others: No
Minimum Education: High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
Minimum Certification: N/A
Minimum Experience: Less than 1 Year
Age Requirement: 21 years or older
Required Travel: 0%
Driving Requirements: No
Tools & Equipment Used: Basic tools, floor pumps, diatomaceous earth filter, centrifuge, pasteurizer, carbonating unit, dry hop machine, hop cannon and skyjack
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position as a result of evolving business needs.
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org