Aspen Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
About Aspen Brewing Company
Aspen Brewing Company (ABC) was founded in 2008 in Aspen, Colorado with one simple goal: make world class beer, “downstream from nobody”. Our portfolio includes National and International award winning products such as Gold Medal winning Independence Pass IPA, Silver Medal winning This Season’s Blonde Ale, an American Blonde Ale, Gold and Silver Medal winning Cloud 9 Saison, a Belgian Farmhouse Saison, Ajax Pilsner and our Silver City Ale, an American Session Wheat, have become consumer and beer judge favorites across the globe.
We operate a 20bbl brewhouse with distribution throughout Colorado. We also have a bustling Alpine Gastro-Brewpub, ‘Aspen Tap’ (partner), in downtown Aspen, that regularly features our flagship, specialty and seasonal beers and a simple high-quality menu for lunch, dinner and Apres ski/bike/sport. We all strive to maintain a healthy, happy, fun, profitable place to work and a business that supports and contributes to the Aspen and Colorado community.
This is an important role working directly under the Brewery Operations Manager involved in all aspects of day to day brewery production operations. The purpose of this role is to ensure Aspen Brewing delivers 100% satisfaction to our beer buying and drinking customers, wherever they are, whenever they encounter Aspen Beer Products. This includes the quality of Aspen products, the on-time availability of Aspen products, the level of service provided to Aspen customers, anywhere. You will be part of a great team creating the fastest growing Brewery in the State.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous brewing experience or an accredited brewing certification is required
- Must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the brewing process
- Minimum of 2+ years working in a production brewery environment
- 21 years or older
- Understanding of fermentation science and the elements of brewing
- Understanding of brewing equipment and how to properly maintain and use this equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to follow SOPs set by Brewery Operation Manager in all facets of the brewery
- Attention to detail and strong sense of cleanliness
- Familiar with CIP processes
- Familiar with all packaging processes and can help if necessary
- Ability to multi-task and maximize efficiency
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Ability to communicate and work well with a diverse team
- Brewing Education is a plus
- Barrel aging experience is a plus
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Brew a commercial scale batch of beer according to ABC recipe.
- Complete a full brew day
- Maintain a clean cellar
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards in all areas of the brewery
- Brewhouse operation
- Yeast handling
- Monitor fermentations including routine analysis of in-process beer
- Carbonate beer
- Set up and tear down of brewing equipment
- Continual lifting, dragging, carrying, and manipulating of hoses, parts, pumps, buckets, and reservoirs, requiring standing, walking, crouching, and lifting regularly throughout the duration of shift
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on equipment
- Cleans, sanitizes, and purges tanks and kegs according to set standards
- Ensures work area is clean and well organized
- Ensures tank exteriors are cleaned regularly
- Complete necessary paperwork accurately on time and as requested by SOP
- Follows safety procedures and wears PPE
- Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and do physically demanding work is required.
- Ability to lift, up to 150 lbs. is required.
- Willingness to work on and around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery is required.
- Willingness to work with strong cleaning agents is required.
- Willingness to work in an environment with high noise levels is required.
- Willingness to rotate between first and second shifts is required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of recipes, processes, procedures, and other internal information
The role will be filled immediately. The candidate must be in the Roaring Fork Valley or willing to move to the area immediately. Apply through this site and include a cover letter and resume.