Long Live Beerworks
Apply for this Job
We’re hiring a Full-time production brewer who will work closely with the head brewer and owner, and assist in brewery scheduling and day-to-day operations.
Individual must be a highly-motivated, hard-working brewer, unwavering commitment to quality and continuous improvement. Individual is expected to learn quickly and take initiative within this role. Long Live Beerworks encourages it’s team to pursue ongoing knowledge of industry standards and trends.
This position requires the flexibility to assist where needed, with the opportunity for growth in responsibility. Mechanical experience (even outside of brewing) or laboratory experience are strong pluses. Positive attitude, high level of cleanliness, safety, and attention to detail are mandatory for the position.
- Milling, malt handling
- Executing weekly wort production according to SOPs and production plan on a 15BBL brewhouse
- Recording detailed data on brewhouse operations
- Staging + ordering raw materials, ensuring all inventory necessary is available
- Executing scheduled brewhouse CIPs according to SOPs
- Executing fermenter CIPs according to SOPs
- Yeast pitching/management
- Fermentation management: gravities, dry hopping, carbonating, dropping, etc
- Transferring beer
- Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of all areas you work in
- Must prioritize safety of yourself and other team members at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment
- Participate in regular deep cleaning efforts around the brewery
- Research and bring forward the best ideas about process and quality improvement
- Participate in scheduled in-house maintenance and upkeep according to SOPs and preventative maintenance plans
- Receiving and storing raw materials at the dock, unloading trucks
- Participate in weekly packaging responsibilities (cans, bottles, kegs)
- Timeliness to shift, with ongoing communication with manager to ensure efficiency and accuracy of daily commitments
- Self-driven, time management and completion of daily tasks assigned
* This is not an exhaustive list and applicants should be ready and willing to lend a hand where necessary to ensure our growing production operates as accurately and smoothly as possible. We ask that all of our employees operate with an openness and willingness to learn from each other and lend support when needed.
** Schedule will require production work on weekends and later nights. We will do the best to keep a reasonable work/life balance, but applicants should be willing and able to accommodate schedule needs that come up.
- 2+ years of wort production and cellar experience. This is a must to be considered for the position.
- Full availability throughout the week + weekends with a flexible schedule
- Ability to think critically and multitask
- Strong time-management skills
- Ability to operate a forklift (or learn)
- Ability to lift 55+ lbs regularly, and safely move 150 lbs
- Ability to safely handle concentrated cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
- Ability to crouch, sit, stand, pull, push, bend, and/or twist while working in confined, wet, hot, and/or cold environments, and stand an entire shift
- Ability to climb and work on a ladder
- Proficiency in Google Docs/Microsoft Suite
- Proficiency in-house brewing software (a plus but not required)
- A valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Live reasonably close to Providence, RI
- A love for beer + working closely with colleagues
Full time, salaried (40+ hours). May include weekends and evenings, depending on production needs.
PTO, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, Free Beer
If you're interested in enjoying our team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter + your resume.
Must be 21+ of age.
*Please review our beer portfolio and research our company before applying.