DC Brau Brewing
Apply for Job
DC Brau Brewing Company in Washington, DC, is seeking a reliable and motivated Brewer to join our Production Team in the Washington, DC Metro Area (DC, VA, & MD).
Since our launch in the spring of 2011, DC Brau Brewing Company has become a competitive regional brand in the DC/MD/VA craft beer market. As we grow we are looking to increase our brewhouse and cellar staff to support DC Brau’s Production operations. We currently seek to hire a Brewer to support the increasing demand for our award winning beer!
Brewers at DC Brau Brewing shall be responsible for support of daily, ongoing, and abundant wort production and cellar activities. This professional is expected to work closely with DC Brau’s Production and Management Teams and reports directly to the Production and Cellar Managers. This position will work in daily coordination with the brewhouse and cellar, warehouse, and administrative staff.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for craft beer and has technical experience in a brewery work environment. This professional must also possess a strong work ethic and must enjoy working as part of a unified team. This is NOT an entry level position and is an excellent opportunity for someone to continue to develop his or her skills within the craft brewing industry.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Milling malted barley
- Implementing mashing, vorlauf/recirculation, and lautering procedures
- Transferring of wort to fermenters
- Keep accurate and legible brewhouse records to ensure consistency in recipe execution
- Monitoring active and non-active fermentations
- Checking and monitoring of active and non-active fermentations
- CIP cleaning techniques (including but not limited to Caustic, acid and sanitary CIP cycles)
- Transferring of beer via centrifugation
- Harvesting and pitching yeast
- Dry hopping fermenters
- Filling pins and firkins
- Filling and empting barrels
- Safely drive and operate a forklift, scissor lift, and pallet jack
- Work closely with cellar and brewhouse, and administrative staff to ensure timely availability of product
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Brewing-related certification or degree preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant experience and/or advanced technical training
- Ability to meet physical challenges of working in a production brewery
- Knowledge of chemicals used in cleaning cycles and how to handle and use them safely
- Ability to accurately keep records in all necessary logs
- Ability to work unsupervised while maintaining safety and quality standards
- Self-motivated with good time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple processes at one time
- Ability to coordinate with other staff and departments according to schedule
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members throughout the brewery
- Must have a positive attitude
- High School Diploma
DC Brau is offering full-time (37.5 to 40+ hours/week) employment. After an onboarding period, full-time employees are offered benefits including medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, holidays and a company-sponsored retirement investment plan.
DC Brau is an equal employment opportunity employer and implements policies and practices that do not discriminate against applicants and employees.
If you are interested in joining our team, submit your resume and cover letter to our Career Center.
HR and Administrative Manager
3178 – B Bladensburg Rd., NE
Washington, DC 20018