New Mexico Brewers Guild
Apply for this Job
Responsible for achieving the Mission Statement of the Association and executing the goals of the Strategic Growth Plan as set forth by the Board of Directors.
This position is expected to implement the structure, process and financials to lead the organization to performance excellence and is responsible for managing all elements of the Association including staff, fundraising, membership, financial, events, media and marketing, support of legislative activity and administration duties. This position will require passion for the industry, working in a fast-paced environment, coordinating many different concurrent projects and developing a staff that is efficient, motivated and works together as a team.
- Report to Board of Directors as directed, including;
- Bi-monthly update to Board
- Quarterly presentation to Board of Directors
- Lead and direct all Board of Directors meetings
- Facilitate and guide Board elections process * Maintain and manage a fully operational home office
- Responsible for building, leading and managing a growing team of Association employees
- Oversight of all Association documents, reporting requirements and various accounting/filing requirements
- Maintain Association records and files
- Maintain and manage Association insurance and legal needs
- Responsible for all contracts with independent contractors and vendors
- Oversee and manage all data base systems and records * Financial
- Oversee financial reports (budget, cash flow, balance sheet, P&L, etc.) and report to the Financial Committee on monthly basis
- Develop an annual budget in conjunction with the Financial committee and full Board. Responsible for meeting annual budget
- Meet revenue goals, manage A/R and A/P * Membership
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and current membership lists
- Responsible for growing all levels of membership
- Initiate, develop and implement fundraising programs
- Regular outreach and communication to membership including meetings and phone calls and online Forum
- Develop new and innovation membership benefits * Support Political Affairs
- Support and assist in execution of political awareness campaign including legislator and policymaker outreach, beer tastings and informational events at the state Capitol
- Develop programs, documents and initiatives that support political affairs mission * Communications
- Oversee and manage web site and social media platforms. Update social media content on a regular basis. Develop new website content as needed.
- Write and distribute weekly email newsletter. * Events
- Member events: coordinate and execute in conjunction with the Events Coordinator position all elements of various Association events including bi-annual General Meeting, workshops and Regional Meetings
- Fundraising events: responsible for executing all current Association fundraising events and developing new events to generate revenue
- Political contact events: create and assist in execution with Government Affairs position a series of regular meeting events that entice state legislators to get together with craft brewers such as a monthly happy hour, an annual “day on the hill,” beer and food dinners for staffers, etc. * Industry Development
- Interface with economic development opportunities
- Interface with regional and state guilds
- Manage annual Economic Study updates
- Develop new relationships with industry counterparts and trade associations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Publisher, Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
- Some experience with Quickbooks. Must be able to understand and work with financial reports and create and manage a budget.
- Must be proficient at public speaking.
- Must have knowledge of the beer and alcohol industry including a basic understanding of the regulations governing all types of alcohol.
- Must be adept at networking. Must be comfortable meeting with and engaging with local leaders, policymakers, legislators, state officials.
- Must have proficient sales abilities
- Must have experience with sales processes, tracking and use of sales tools
- Need to be creative, innovative and enterprising to develop and lead fundraising efforts.
- Must have experience creating, maintaining and following through on sales lead programs
- Must be comfortable and adept at working with brewers, suppliers, retailers, distributors, craft beer enthusiasts and others in the industry to sell membership and association ideals. * Basic level of media experience
- Will be required to attend various Association events and meetings throughout the state. May be required to travel to occasional seminars and conferences outside the state
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
Valid Driver’s license required.
Experience working in the craft beer industry is a plus. Must be self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and demonstrate initiative to create, develop and manage multiple projects. Will need to demonstrate initiative and provide follow-through in all areas of responsibility. Must work cooperatively with Board of Directors. Must display excellent verbal and writing skills and be an excellent “people person.” Positive thinker and quick learner is a must.
This is primarily a work-from-home position with multiple events and meetings per year throughout the state of NM. The executive director has a high degree of autonomy in planning and executing their daily routine.
While performing the duties of this job, the executive director is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, large events and driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but can be occasionally moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The executive director must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. The candidate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The executive director is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
This is a contract position. Executive Director will bill the New Mexico Brewers Guild on a monthly basis. Annual compensation $50,000-$65,000/yr. DOE
Job Type: Full-time