Head Brewer (Minimum 3 years brewing experience)
My Yard Live
Apply for this Job
About My Yard Live
My Yard Live (MYL) is an experiential community gathering space bringing together
quality food and libations, a brewery (10 BBL), live entertainment, leisure games,
activities, and unique experiences for the enjoyment of people of all ages.
The My Yard Live Head Brewer is responsible for all aspects of the beer programming,
production and day-to-day operations of the brewery. The Head Brewer will also be an
intricate part of the overall beverage program development.
Responsible for leadership of all aspects of day-to-day operations, development and
production processes of the brewery. Responsibilities include:
-Work with MYL management team on brewery program integration and
- Record keeping and quality control
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the brewery
- Help to build customer basis
- Meeting with trade associations
- Develop new brewery recipes to meet market demand
- Inventory Control
- Head Brewer will work closely with the Culinary Manager, Venue Manager and
Head Bartender in order to create synergy between the brewery, bar and
kitchen. This is very important to the MYL philosophy.
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes the culture, values
and mission of the company.
- Initiates Guest feedback to ensure their satisfaction (product quality, service,
- Analyzes Guest metrics, and creates effective action plans to improve beer and
beverage quality and teammates performance.
- Places ingredient and supply orders based on accurate forecasting of MYL
- Creates an effective training implementation plan, using Company provided
tools to ensure teammates are fully trained on recipe implementations.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of brewery equipment.
Accountable for brewery cleanliness, maintenance and proper usage of
equipment and preserving its longevity.
- Maintains a highly organized brewery at all times and checks quality standards
to ensure freshness.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, assigning
roles, and directing work as needed.
- Coaches and mentors Teammates to ensure all standards, practices and job
expectations are fulfilled according to his/her respective position.
- Create brewery training materials.
- Models professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, hospitable
and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages Excellence.
- Thoroughly audits payroll and makes adjustments accordingly.
- Ensures OSHA requirements, health and safety codes, and company safety,
sanitation, and security policies and procedures are met and followed by all
- Enforces proper use and maintenance of facility and equipment. Also, he/she is
responsible for proactively reporting all facility maintenance needs to his/her
- Ensures all Teammates comply with State/Federal liquor laws as it pertains to
serving alcoholic beverages.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in
accordance with established company policies to achieve the overall objectives.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowlwdge and Skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and conflict resolution abilities.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Word, POS, etc…).
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal liquor laws.
- Knowledge of all safety, sanitation and administrative procedures.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Exceptional team building capability