Fine Creek Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Fine Creek Brewing Company is looking for a new head brewer to train with, and take the place of, it’s current and founding head brewer who is moving to the West Coast.
Fine Creek is a rural, farm brewery and taproom outside of Richmond, Virginia. Our 3-barrel system and limited production allows for a constant rotation of a wide range of styles including a mixed fermentation and sour program. Our small batches allow for the ability to collaborate with local farmers and even grow some of our own ingredients onsite. With an emphasis on freshness, creativity and seasonality, Fine Creek focuses on taproom sales but also has a selective, in-state distribution footprint including Richmond, D.C., Charlottesville and Norfolk.
The Head Brewer will work closely with our owner, taproom manager, and chef to create their own recipes and flexible brewing schedule. Competitive salary offered with benefits included.
The Head Brewer will be responsible for all brewery operations including but not limited to:
- Working with the owner and taproom manager to set upcoming production schedules for both taproom and distribution.
- Schedule brewery personnel to meet production demands.
- Managing all raw materials inventory and placing orders for all materials.
- Managing all sanitary practices and required documentation.
- Maintain all brewery equipment in working order.
- Evaluate all beers for quality and consistency.
- Maintain and improve upon existing SOPs in the brewery.
- Write new recipes and maintain consistency for existing brands.
- Work to source local ingredients for specialty beers.
Candidates for this job should have the following qualifications:
- At least two years brewery experience and/or a certification from a brewing program.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Independent work ethic, good time management.
- Have a developed and critical palate for beer, including recognition of known off flavors and how to avoid them (VDK tests, etc.)
- Have a skill and desire for writing new recipes.
- Ability to lift at least 55lbs at a time.
- Experience with making a wide range of beers, including mixed culture/ sour beers.
- Good organization and cleanliness.
- General knowledge of infrastructure such as plumbing, glycol, electrical, CO2 delivery.
- Experience building and maintaining draught systems.
- Understanding of cleaning and sanitary procedures to minimize the risk of cross contamination between sour and clean beers and equipment.
First interview will be a standard interview in person. Second interview will be a brew day with current Head Brewer.
Interested and qualified applicants please send resume with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Head Brewer Position.”