Beer Sails Representative
Dry Dock Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Under the direction of the Sales Manager, the Beer Sails Representative is responsible for representing Dry Dock at the wholesale and retail level to directly manage sales, merchandising, local promotions, events, and festivals throughout the assigned territory. This position will work closely with ownership and the management team to meet objectives. The territory for the position will be for Northern Denver suburbs, North Colorado and mountain areas. This area includes Boulder, Longmont, Fort Collins, Greeley, Thornton, Westminster as well as the mountains towns of Breckenridge, Keystone, Steamboat and Vail.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Focus on selling products and/or increasing volume, points of distribution and visibility in on and off premise accounts within assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with on and off premise key accounts.
- Identify market and business gaps related to product selection, placement, and pricing.
- Identify un-serviced and under-serviced accounts and effectively communicate information with management and appropriate wholesaler representatives.
- Ensure proper merchandising of product and point-of-sale material within territory and according to company brand guidelines.
- Coordinate activities with wholesaler representatives within assigned territory, ensuring implementation of all sales and marketing programs, monthly business objectives, and incentives.
- Operate effectively within the brewery and budgetary guidelines.
- Cross promote with sister company, The Brew Hut, as appropriate (providing info to liquor stores for draft system support, etc.)
- Coordinate event and social media needs with marketing department to deliver greater brand awareness.
- Track, monitor and keep account information up to date using our CRM tool.
- Compile and submit reports (as requested) on assigned territory conditions, distributor execution, and general market information.
- Conduct staff educations, retail incentive events, beer tastings, and other events as needed.
- Deliver a positive and professional customer experience while representing the companies at promotional events such as beer festivals and on premise account events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred education, requirements and experience:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Three to five years of malt beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a beer or wine distributor or brewery in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both wholesale and retail.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with coworkers, Owners and management.
- Must have superior customer service and interpersonal relationship skills with special emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong team orientation and ability to work with diverse group of individuals.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, wholesaler and customer concerns in a timely manner, both internally and externally.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety standards and protocols; safety minded.
- Customer centric disposition; professional and interactive.
- Strong project and time management, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Highly competent with computer functions.
- Ability to maintain confidential matters.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to use computer, copier, facsimile, printer, multiple-line phone, paper folder, laminator, projector, and scanner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and the ability to operate a company owned motor vehicle.
- Manage a large number of projects simultaneously to ensure smooth implementation.
- Ability to work onsite, travel, and work nights and weekends as needed for industry-related events.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary with commissions, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Beer Sails Representative” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will remain open until filled.