Newburyport Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Founded in early 2013, Newburyport Brewing is an award-winning brewery located in the beautiful seaside City of Newburyport, MA. We have an immediate opening for an experienced full-time Assistant Brewer with a passion for producing the highest quality craft beer.
Job Summary: The Assistant Brewer is responsible for brewing core brand beers and small-batch “1635 Series” beers at our flagship brewery in Newburyport, MA. This job also includes dry hopping, filtration, carbonation, and overall quality control. This is an individual contributor position, but the ideal candidate is a strong team player and will be a key part of a growing, experienced brewing team.
Ideal Candidate: Must have at least two years of production brewing experience, a dedication to producing award-winning beers, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and attention to detail. Experience brewing a wide range of beers on different brewing systems a plus. Formal brewing education a plus.
- Wort production on 20-barrel, 3-vessel brewhouse
- Daily QA reads: gravity, pH, DO, carbonation, tank temperature and pressure
- Filtration and dry hopping: Lenticular filter, fermenter dry hopping, hopback
- Prepare fermenters, brites, hoses for transfers and perform transfers as needed
- CIP, cleaning and basic maintenance as needed
- Maintain accurate written and electronic records
- Keep a clean, safe work environment
- 2+ years production brewing experience
- Strong knowledge of brewing and cellaring process
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strict attention to detail and quality
- Excellent communication skills
- Formal brewing education is a plus
- 20 bbl 3-vessel brewhouse; 12,000+ bbls per year
- Eight 80 bbl FVs; seven 40 bbl FVs
- Three 80 bbl BTs; two 40 bbl BTs
- 3 bbl hopback
- Cask ACS canning line
- Full brewers lab
- Ability to bend, kneel, climb stairs, and stand for long periods of time
- Safely lift, move, and carry up to 70 pounds repeatedly
- Use ladders and work at height
- Operate forklift and other machinery as needed
- Ability to safely handle and use cleaning chemicals
Newburyport Brewing offers a competitive compensation package, including paid time off (PTO) for both sick and vacation days, health and dental benefits, and more. Our Plum Island Belgian White is a 2016 World Beer Cup Bronze Medal Award Winner.