Area Sales Manager
Catawba Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Portfolio: Catawba Brewing Company, Palmetto Brewing Company
Position: Area Sales Manager
Location: Columbia, SC or Greenville, SC
Territory: Midlands & Upstate South Carolina
Reports to: Sales Manager
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Overview: In December 2017 Catawba Brewing Company of North Carolina purchased Palmetto Brewing Company of South Carolina. Founded in 1999 and 1993 respectively, the two breweries now operate as one independent, family owned brewery. The company currently has breweries in Asheville, NC, Morganton, NC, Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC. We believe it is an exciting and opportunistic time to be joining our organization!
Position Overview: A genuine desire and ability to build meaningful relationships through great beer and great stories is the most critical component to success in this position. The person in this role will work in conjunction with distributors’ sales teams to build Catawba and Palmetto brand preference and drive increased beer sales volume throughout Midlands & Upstate SC.
Consideration: The candidate must be over 21 years of age and demonstrate a professional track record of excellent organizational, planning, and follow up skills. Candidates must possess the ability to identify beer related needs of retailers and distributors and communicate ways in which Catawba and Palmetto can meet those needs. A comprehensive understanding of the roles within all three tiers of beer distribution is required. Industry experience is a critical. Candidates must enjoy the beer industry and its many challenges. Please note that applicant must reside in Greenville or Columbia, South Carolina.
Work Experience: Minimum 2 Years of Beverage Distribution Experience, Beverage Supplier Experience and/or Minimum 2 years of Retailer Beer Buying experience.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S) in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration or related field
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish strong and trusting relationship with local distributor partners to include Sales Reps, Craft Brand Managers, Sales Managers, and Key Account Managers
- Grow sales and distribution through relationships with existing retail partners both On and Off Premise
- Execute our daily and weekly follow up routine
- Meet or exceed assigned sales volume goals
- Identify and go after new relationships in both the On and Off Premise
- Provide management with regular feedback on Catawba brands’ market performance
- Perform administrative duties in a timely manner (expense & mileage reports, work calendar, price surveys, etc.)
- Maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Understand relevant State and Federal regulations and operate within them. When in doubt, ask!
- Occasionally coordinate and execute account level promotions
- Occasionally represent Catawba Brewing Co. and/or Palmetto Brewing Co. at local and regional beer festivals and special events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Craft beer industry passion and the appreciation of the culture that goes with it
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products, (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook)
- Interpersonal skills to have ability to build strong business relationships and work collaboratively with sales/marketing peers
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Effective analytical skills – basic finance / business acumen
- Superior public speaking and presentation skills
- Exemplary organizational and project management skills
- The ability to manage the selling process with chain buyers, executives and owners, alike
- A valid driver’s license
- The position requires significant area travel. Reasonable business expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with IRS standards and/or a vehicle will be provided.
- As part of your job there may be some physical duties including the ability to frequently life and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 156 lbs. Catawba recognizes and complies with all ADA (Americans with Disability Act) laws.
- Time off is governed by Catawba’s Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. It will be forwarded to the successful candidate.
- The successful candidate will be eligible for company subsidized health care. The plan will be forwarded to the successful candidate.