Virtue Cider/Goose Island Territory Sales Rep
Apply for this Job
Position: Virtue Cider and Goose Island - Territory Sales Representative
Supervisor: Region Sales Manager
The territory sales representative is responsible for managing Virtue Cider and Goose Island sales and strategy in their respective territory. Territory Representatives work with wholesaler sales representatives and sales managers to ensure sales of company products in the relevant territory. This position also works to build relationships with on and off-premise clients to ensure the sale of company products. This position troubleshoots with those clients to guarantee products are delivered and present when needed. This position crafts and works towards distribution goals and targets in line with company strategy and under the direction of the region manager. This position is mainly responsible for growing sales volume within your respective territory. Additionally, acquiring and maintaining educational and sound relationships with on and off-premise vendors and our wholesaler partners. This position works largely autonomously, and is one of the more public positions within the company.
Daily Duties, Functions, Responsibilities
- Ability to Manager Wholesaler relationship in order to achieve brand launches, sales objectives and sales goals
- Ability to manage several sales and marketing initiatives at one time
- Management of wholesaler incentive, programs and objectives.
- Educate wholesaler partners and accounts on new product lines.
- Propose strategies for expanding territory accounts.
- Conduct performance review meetings.
- Regular ride-a-longs with wholesalers.
- Ensure wholesaler needs are fulfilled (tap handles, etc.).
- Be thoroughly aware of and connected with decision influencers and decision makers (owners, CEOs, Presidents, sales managers, merchandising managers, events coordinators, etc.) in accounts.
- Ensure increased distribution of products in On & Off Premise accounts.
- Visit accounts and wholesaler ships daily.
- Participation in events, promotions, etc.
- Coordinate with Activation Managers to ensure events are executed and successful.
- Track and analyze territory sales numbers to direct and guide personal activities and efforts.
- Manage professional individual administrative duties/paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work Contacts
- Regular contacts are made with the general public and business partners.
- Some communication may be difficult requiring significant levels of tact.
- Ability to lift 75- pounds.
- Ability to manipulate 165-lb kegs with/without dolly.
- Ability to transport 165 lbs on a dolly (dolly operation).
- Conducts work in a sitting position primarily; however, job requires walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Significant travel and driving expected.
- Requires the ability to speak loudly to large groups of people.
- Requires flexibility in hours.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of company products and industry best practices (beer, cider and merchandise).
- Excellent personal communication skills.
- The ability to deal with difficult customers when necessary.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and third-party partners.
- Intermediate to expert-level proficiency in office-related software.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience
- 2 -6 years industry experience, preferably in sales (Beer or Cider)
- College degree
- Full time contract position – benefits eligible after 60 days, on the first of the month.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Monthly stipend car/phone/internet
- Bonus structure
- Must complete background check