Quality Lab Manager
Kane Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
Kane Brewing Company is a fast growing and award winning production brewery located on the coast of New Jersey in Ocean Township. We are looking for a Quality Lab Manager to add to our growing team. This is a full-time position reports directly to the President.
The Quality Lab Manager is responsible for the daily operation of the lab as well as assisting other department heads with any quality related issues. Applicants must be comfortable communicating with all departments to ensure all issues are being addressed and changes are being implemented appropriately.
- Perform daily cell counts of yeast and fermenting wort
- Perform daily testing on fermenting and finished beer
- Perform DO testing on finished beer and all packaged beers
- Perform sterile plating and testing of wort, beer, and yeast samples
- Harvesting, moving, and pitching yeast
- Maintain overall yeast health of several in-house strains
- Perform regular calibration and/or cleaning of lab equipment and maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment
- Organize, track and analyze all results and data
- Prepare stock solutions and media plates
- Oversee QC of canning and bottling runs
- Continue to grow QA/QC program and lab protocols as the company continues to grow
- Write, update, and improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the lab
- Develop and manage sensory panel
- Assist with yeast propagation
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science, or a related field
- At least 2 year's work experience in a QC/QA lab for a production brewery
- Strong work ethic, self-starting attitude and a strong attention to detail
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing company
- Ability to work individually, as well as part of a team
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include 401K with company match, health, dental, vision, PTO. If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter in PDF format to email@example.com
Kane Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.