C Squared Ciders
Apply for this Job
C Squared Ciders is a fast growing craft cidery located in Denver, CO. Our award winning ciders are currently available in Colorado, Minnesota, and New Mexico. We are seeking a leader with a proven track record to join our team, and oversee all aspects of our growing sales program.
The Sales Manager ideally has experience working closely with distributors and their sales staff to increase sales. You promote our brands/story, and have the connections to to go deep in existing markets to achieve projected growth. You understand distributors and their challenges, and you have the ability to foster new distributor relationships to expand our national footprint. You are a self sufficient leader who doesn’t take no for an answer, and will persevere in a competitive landscape.
- Analyze data to generate monthly sales reports, and to create sales projections and ABP’s, setting yearly/monthly goals for all territories.
- Recommend and implement sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses.
- Create and maintain strong long term retail relationships, both on/off premise, targeting 40 account calls per week with supporting activities (promotions, staff trainings, hand sells, tastings) at the account level, and record account activity.
- Conduct bi-monthly home state (CO), and quarterly out of state ride alongs with distributor sales reps, to develop new sales. Improve sales in existing accounts with training, POS, display, shelf placement/presence, correct pricing, and promotions.
- Perform ongoing quality control of cider outside of the cidery. The ability to spot poor rotation, dated or damaged product, and evaluation of overall draft system health and performance is necessary.
- Create and implement incentives and other programs to inspire increased sales and encourage growth.
- Conduct ongoing brand training with retailers, distributor partners, and consumers.
- Improve upon and further develop existing systems and procedures for all aspects of sales.
- Manage social media - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Untappd.
- Write and disseminate company press releases and maintain relevant content on company website.
- Create and disseminate sell sheets to distributors. Apply for label approvals state by state.
- Coordinate, promote, and attend events and festivals where C Squared Ciders are represented.
- Act as a liaison between distributor partners and in-house cider maker to ensure production schedule meets demand, with an eye on future needs.
- Plan closely with the production and marketing team to schedule seasonal and limited releases, conduct product launches, and support a production strategy based on sales.
- Perform administrative tasks as they are needed (expense reports, sales reports, new product forms, chain store documents, label approvals, etc).
- Assist in picking orders and coordinating shipping and logistics with distributor partners, if other staff is unavailable.
- Plan, manage time, and prioritize as necessary to align efforts with monthly business objectives, as well as company and department sales growth goals.
• Good writing and technology skills with a focus on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and various social media platforms. Continuing education and personal development in all areas desired.
• Ability to work independently to accomplish sales goals.
• The commitment to work some nights and weekends, and the ability to manage life/work balance. This is not just a nine-to-five, five day a week commitment.
• Solid time management, and planning skills are crucial.
• Position requires travel much of the time, to visit accounts and distributors in multiple states.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A strong understanding of the craft cider and beer scene, and the ability to create opportunities
• >1 year experience in craft cider or beer sales for a supplier or distributor; or at a minimum you were a retail cider/beer account buyer.
- BA/BS in Business, Marketing, or related field preferred.
• Must demonstrate strong retail and wholesale-oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures
• Valid driver's license with a responsible driving record, and ability to drive to and from accounts daily at at night.
• Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 40 pounds or more, sliding/rolling 150 lbs., extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing.
• Certified Cider Professional, Cicerone, or similar training preferred but not required. The desire to learn about cider and what makes C Squared taste better, and your desire to educate people on our brands is a must.
Base Salary + commission DOE.
Benefits include PTO, Paid Holidays, use of company vehicle, company cell phone, monthly entertainment and travel stipend, free cider, and discounts on food in our tasting room.
C Squared Ciders is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply Email Resume and References to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Title: Sales Manager