Rogue Ales & Spirits
Apply for Job
Work Location: Newport
Supervisor: Director of Operations
Position: Salary / FT
Job Title: QA/QC Manager
Manage all laboratory operations at the production facility, ensuring the integrity of each batch of product and consistent quality of production by enforcing good manufacturing practice (GMP) systems, SOP's, conducting analysis, validating processes and providing documentation.
Monitoring quality of products through daily process checks, as well as short and long-term projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analysis of products in various stages along the production process as well as finished products
- Validate the integrity and quality standards / specifications of products including but not limited to:
- Alcohol, color, IBU, Sugar, pH, TA, DO
- Accurately manage the Beer Library. Collect, document and store the proper amount of produce from each packaging batch.
- Calibration and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Analyze barrel-aged and sour beer in-process
- Run sensory analysis testing for legacy and new products
- Communicate with various team members about issues relevant to Safety and Quality procedures.
- Enforce and follow all brewery and food safety standards. Shut down processes that do not comply with Rogue’s SOPs and notify supervisors as appropriate.
- Provide information for the decision-making process as it relates to production and release of product.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology / Microbiology (advanced degree preferred)
- Food science education and / or experience
- Experience with a focus on yeast
- 3+ years lab experience (brewery / beverage environment preferred)
- Brewing education a plus
- Ability to maintain confidential matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms for extended hours
Must be able to use hands, fingers to wrist for fine digit manipulation
Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses)
Must be able to distinguish colors for purposed of discussing test results
Adequate peripheral vision is necessary for safety purposes, as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties.
Work environment conditions vary often with fluctuating temperatures, noise, and moisture level.
Work takes place around potentially hazardous machinery, and chemicals.
Personal Protective Equipment and standard operating procedures are enforced to ensure employee safety.
Ability to travel 5% of the time.
Additional duties may be required. Rogue reserves the right to change duties, responsibilities, and activities at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
Position is salaried. Rogue offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience and other factors. Position is eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision Care, PTO, 401(k) with company match, and other company perks outlined in the Rogue Employee Handbook.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.