Apply for this Job
Worthy Brewing is looking for an experienced brewer to join our team in the brew house and cellar. This person will be expected to execute tasks according to our Standard Operating Procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices. Production staff have direct responsibility for the quality of all our products – from raw material to finished beer.
Worthy Brewing operates four, ten-hour production shifts Monday-Thursday, with light weekend duty on a rotating basis. Candidate must be willing to work rotating shifts opening/closing the facility in both the brew house and cellar. This position reports to the Head Brewer.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
* Maintain clean & safe work area
* Accurately document required paperwork for all brewing/cellar activities
* Communicate all in-process information to colleagues at shift change
* Perform cellar operations, including, but not limited to: Vessel CIP & COP, fermentation management, yeast collection & pitching, centrifuge operation, brite tank management, keg washing/filling, and required quality checks.
* Perform brew house operations, including, but not limited to: milling, mashing, lautering, boiling, hop additions, whirlpooling, wort cooling, equipment CIP, and required quality checks
* Assist with light mechanical repairs to equipment as necessary
* Actively participate in go no-go tasting, and sensory panels
* Operate powered industrial trucks (on-site training provided)
* Assist in packaging when necessary
Traits & characteristics:
* Advanced knowledge of brewing science
* Organizational and priority management skills
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Effective communication, both verbal and written
* Knowledge of food safety and good manufacturing practices
* Ability to hold self and others accountable for safe work operations and procedures.
* Work well individually and as part of a team
* Mechanical aptitude
* Sustainability mindset
* Computer proficiency
Physical requirements & Environmental conditions:
* Near constant standing, walking, grabbing, pulling, lifting, reaching, crouching, bending over
* Able to safely and frequently lift items weighing 55+ pounds to shoulder height
* Must be comfortable with working at moderate heights – operating a scissor lift, using ladders
* Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment
* Daily exposure to an environment with varied temperatures, exposure to wet floors, trip hazards, concentrated chemicals, steam, steam piping, hot water, and loud noises.
Experience & Education:
2+ years production brewing experience and college education in related field. Brewing science preferred.
Salary - DOE
Worthy Brewing is an Equal Opportunity Employer