Long Island Farm Brewery
Apply for this Job
Long Island Farm Brewery is located in Manorville, NY on the eastern end of Long Island, roughly 90 miles east of Manhattan and 50 miles west of Montauk. We are just minutes from the famous Hamptons beaches and the North Fork’s wine country. LIFB is a startup brewery operating out of a converted 4,000 square foot potato barn situated on our family farm / garden center where we grow our own hops and other produce for sale at the farm. The brewery and family farm will work together to offer festivals throughout the year.
We will be operating on a 10BBL brewhouse using our own hop production and other NY state grown ingredients to adhere to the farm brewery license guidelines.
We are looking for a head brewer who has a minimum of 2 years’ professional experience brewing on a 5BBL system or larger. We also have a 1BBL pilot system to assist in creating new recipes.
As head brewer you will be responsible for:
- Managing all areas of the brewhouse, including quality control, scheduling, brewing, kegging, packaging, and inventory.
- Working with the management team to create and design unique and exciting new brews while refining and improving our existing recipes.
- Ordering and tracking of all raw ingredients; malts, hops, yeast etc.
- Detailed note taking on all brewing procedures and recipes.
- Conduct quality tests
- Building, developing and leading a team of passionate production employees.
- Working with management team on production planning and forecasting, inventories, costs of goods, and contracts.
- Staying on top of the equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Overseeing our production and experimental brewing processes.
- Be willing to contribute to tasks outside of your key responsibilities.
- Must be capable of managing a staff while also training new hires.
- A strong work ethic is a must and should not have a problem multitasking.
- Basic mechanical / electrical knowledge.
- 2 years’ experience brewing on a 5BBL system or larger.
- Must be ok with a flexible work schedule including weekends when necessary.
Please send your resume to Info@LongIslandFarmBrewery.com
Salary will be based on experience.