Kings County Brewers Collective, Brooklyn NY
Apply for this Job
- Full time, 40 hours per week. Salary is dependent upon experience. 80 hours paid time off annually (hours accrued weekly and can be used after 60 day probationary period), 5 days sick leave (max 40 hours annual), 6 paid holidays annually (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day)
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits after 60 days of employment. *50% of Oscar Silver plan paid by KCBC, 50% paid by employee
- Brewery perks! Free draft beer in tasting room, 1 growler/crowler to go for each shift worked, one 4-pack of each beer canned, KCBC schwag for representing!
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
KCBC is a 15-bbl craft brewery and taproom located in Bushwick, Brooklyn. The company is owned and operated by a trio of brewers who have joined forces to create a wide variety of well-balanced, high-quality beers—including crushable lagers, hoppy IPAs, traditional Old World ales, exotic sours and more.
- Day-to-day brewing and cellar activities--including but not limited to:
- Vessel CIP and sanitation
- Yeast harvesting
- Handling raw materials
- Wort production
- Dry hopping and other secondary ingredient additions
- Transferring and carbonating beer
- Barrel work
- Graining out and brewhouse CIP
- Additional tasks related to brewing and cellaring beer
- Lots of cleaning!
- Monitoring fermentation (gravity, pH, cell counts, etc.)
- Lab work
- Maintaining accurate and legible records
- Assisting with bottling, canning, packaging, and keg cleaning
- Ensuring that the production area is kept exceptionally clean and organized
- Maintaining an orderly and safe work environment overall
- Other miscellaneous duties, as needed
- 1+ years experience in a similar role in a packaging brewery is required. A formal brewing education is desirable but will not replace the professional experience requirement
- Strong knowledge of the brewing process
- Ability to strictly follow recipes and standard operating procedures
- Must be able to work in a non-temperature controlled environment, properly handle hazardous materials, and operate complex machinery.
- Must possess high quality standards and be able to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision
- Must be HIGHLY focused on cleanliness and proper sanitation
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed. The job may also require occasional travel to and participation in trade shows and beer related events
- Must be meticulously organized and punctual, with outstanding time management skills
- This is a labor-intensive, highly-physical position. Must be able to bend over, twist, kneel, climb stairs and ladders, stand for the duration of a shift, shovel hot grain, lift 55+ pounds repeatedly, safely handle hot and cold liquids, safely handle cleaning/sanitizing chemicals, and safely handle oak barrels.
- Must have basic computer skills and aptitude, specifically working with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps. Experience with Ekos Brewery Management software is a plus.
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Must be 21 years of age or older and have proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Must be awesomely passionate about craft beer!
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com